Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 Dec 19, 04:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Trying to eat Orlando in 7 days Live - Day 1 part 1

This morning we visited Islands of Adventure and headed to Starbucks for some breakfast. The store is located quite close to the entrance and near the Hulk ride.

We both decided on a sausage, cheese and egg sandwich

I ordered a peppermint mocha frappe and Dan had a latte

The sausage sandwich was lovely and a great choice to start the day, and I love the peppermint frappes they do here and wish they did them in the UK.

Dan enjoyed his too and will update below (maybe tomorrow though as he’s dozed off)

Total was $22.11 and pretty good

Coming next ... The Three Broomsticks and the Hogs head
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

The Three Broomsticks

For lunch we visited The Three Broomsticks, we’ve bee here before but being huge Harry Potter fans it’s always great to visit.

The ordering system is as follows, you are guided by a CM to a till number and give them your order and pay for your meal, you then go to a corresponding numbered collection point for your food and then another CM will guide you to a table.

I ordered the rotisserie chicken which came with roast potatoes and sweet corn

Dan had macaroni and cheese which came with potato wedges

For drinks I had a lemonade

And Dan had a bottle of water which was $5.50

I really enjoyed the chicken it was moist and flavorful and the corn was delicious with the butter it came with. Dan enjoyed his too and will comment below.

Total came to $31
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

The Hogs Head

After lunch we headed for a drink at the adjoining Hogs head pub, I had a dragon scale lager which is a red lager and Dan had a Triple/Deathly Hallows which is Lager, cider and Guinness, we sat outside the back of the pub which is always quiet and a nice area to get away from the crowds for a bit

Both drinks were good and hit the spot nicely in the heat.

Drinks came to $21 not including tip
Old 11 Dec 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Mariaherself View Post
This morning we visited Islands of Adventure and headed to Starbucks for some breakfast. The store is located quite close to the entrance and near the Hulk ride.

We both decided on a sausage, cheese and egg sandwich

I ordered a peppermint mocha frappe and Dan had a latte ...
So day 1 morning. Wanting to kick off the day in Islands, we trumped for good old Starbucks.

The sandwich is as you are familiar with: chewy, warmed up, slightly tangy but a stomach filler and cost effective/easy on the go.

Love me a morning latte.
MrMariaHerself is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

The Three Broomsticks

For lunch we visited The Three Broomsticks, we’ve bee here before but being huge Harry Potter fans it’s always great to visit.

Dan had macaroni and cheese which came with potato wedges

And Dan had a bottle of water which was $5.50
Our first themed food hall. My stomach was already creeking and I wanted to avoid not enjoying Cowfish in the evening so I went for the kids serving. It is almost a full size meal. For those who are new to eating in Orlando: do not discount ordering a kids meal, they are often just the right portion size.

Mac & cheese was very nice as always: chees-y, mac-y, and filling. It comes with potato wedges and they were nice too.

The water very watery, and hideously expensive.

Three broomsticks is a good feed, good value (bar the water) and thus is awarded a 7/10.

Revelio!
MrMariaHerself is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

After lunch we headed for a drink at the adjoining Hogs head pub,

Dan had a Triple/Deathly Hallows which is Lager, cider and Guinness.

We sat outside the back of the pub which is always quiet and a nice area to get away from the crowds for a bit
It should not work at all. Mixing those three drinks together. Yet it does, they have nailed it.

Tastes great, packs a punch, and what a great setting to boot.

Happy face.
Old 11 Dec 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

Looks good, especially the triple/deathly hallows. Didn't realise that they did that one!

Thanks for posting. Have a great holiday and enjoy the peace and quiet.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List