Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 May 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Bayous to Beaches. Oct 19. Day 22. Sunshine, steaks and suitcases. Clearwater.

Yesterday is HERE

Tuesday 22 October

Sad faces... last full day.
Time to write the labels for going home.

I watched the sun coming up again

We had a lazy morning, putting away yesterday’s shopping and closing up all but one of the cases .

It looked like we might be tight on the weight so I paid for a couple of extra kilos to be on the safe side. Those pesky missing few kilos with Norwegian .. 3 less per case.. soon adds up after three weeks away and lots of shopping

Which is why after adding back all the extras on our cheap Norwegian flights ... I’m still not convinced they were really that different to an Economy Classic or Delight with Virgin.

We headed out to the pool around 11.

It was quiet which was lovely and we had a full row of loungers to ourselves. Look at us practising social distancing even before we knew it was going to be a thing.

Don’t you love that Florida sky

We lazed around, reading, snoozing , a dip in the pool and making the most of the bar and snacks .

We had some beer and wine

Andy had the burger and I had chicken nachos

All very nice

It was a lovely relaxing day .. a nice way to unwind. The start of the holiday seemed so very far away .. New Orleans and then all the miles we had covered... it was like a different holiday.

Andy popped out for a bit and I went up to get changed around 4.

I think this was my only niggle with the hotel.

Whatever time we went out and whether we put a sign on the door or not, we were clearly the last to be cleaned list so quite often, like today, no refills on the toiletries or coffees.

Not the end of the world by any means but a bit frustrating when we were relying on the bathroom things by now.

We sat out the front of the hotel for a bit and I took some more lobby pics

Our last night tradition has become Longhorns... and it certainly didn’t disappoint, even though we had to make the trek over to Largo to find one

We don’t even consult the menu now

Long pour margarita for me

The yummy bread and some spicy chicken bites to start

Flo’s filet with lobster and Caesar salad for me

This may just be my all time go -to meal

Prime rib for Andy

And desserts to go, the key lime pot and the apple pie

These were breakfast the next morning

The lime pot was so so, the pie was amazing

Love Longhorns. Never lets us down

A great last night dinner .

We were completely stuffed and by now early holiday home time blues set in.

We thought about final walk along the beach but decided against it and ended up with a final night of trash tv at its finest back in the room.

I think we just don’t deal with the last nights very well

Today’s cocktail tally: 1 (although I’m sure it counts as 2)
Holiday tally: 34

Can I fit any in on travel day tomorrow ...

Edited at 06:29 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

It's been great reading your trip report and your final night meal looks delicious. Thanks for sharing
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
It's been great reading your trip report and your final night meal looks delicious. Thanks for sharing
Ah thank you
Longhorns is always fab

We managed to have a lovely final day ... I’m hoping to write that up tomorrow. Today was the last complete day . Travel home day never counts for me as a proper day
Thank you for your kind words .
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Longhorns as a last night tradition has got the thumbs up from me a Flo's Filet and a cocktail would go down a treat right now, not that I'm missing out on cocktails, but it would be nice to not have to make it myself anyway, back to your day... The Florida sky is something to behold you're right it looks so blue in the photo and just...aah...sigh...a sight to behold that's for sure.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

A lovely relaxing day. We love Longhorns so that a great last night tradition to have
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Longhorns as a last night tradition has got the thumbs up from me a Flo's Filet and a cocktail would go down a treat right now, not that I'm missing out on cocktails, but it would be nice to not have to make it myself anyway, back to your day... The Florida sky is something to behold you're right it looks so blue in the photo and just...aah...sigh...a sight to behold that's for sure.
Hello Abby ... wouldn’t this be a lovely end to a sunny bank holiday today. We are having steak as it happens but nothing touches the Longhorns meals The Sky is something else over there. It’s like a painting !

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
A lovely relaxing day. We love Longhorns so that a great last night tradition to have
It was a really chilled out day and one of our fave meals. Pretty perfect really
Old 26 May 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Oh, that last day feeling - it's always such a mixture of emotions I find. I try so hard to make it feel like a proper holiday day, but there's always a tinge of sadness through it Huge yes to that Florida sky though... isn't it marvellous? I miss it.

Anyway, your last day sounds fab. Nice relaxing way to end it with a pool day, and your poolside meals look great. Tiny bit disappointing that your room was serviced so late in the day.

Excellent choice of Longhorns for your last night meal, if I may say so. You'll know this already, but we love it there! Ooh, that margarita longpour - fabulous. And the steaks, lovely as always. Good to hear the apple pie was delicious - I haven't tried that pud. Great way to finish your holiday.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Oh, that last day feeling - it's always such a mixture of emotions I find. I try so hard to make it feel like a proper holiday day, but there's always a tinge of sadness through it Huge yes to that Florida sky though... isn't it marvellous? I miss it.

Anyway, your last day sounds fab. Nice relaxing way to end it with a pool day, and your poolside meals look great. Tiny bit disappointing that your room was serviced so late in the day.

Excellent choice of Longhorns for your last night meal, if I may say so. You'll know this already, but we love it there! Ooh, that margarita longpour - fabulous. And the steaks, lovely as always. Good to hear the apple pie was delicious - I haven't tried that pud. Great way to finish your holiday.
It was so nice to relax. We always get to the last day and say we wish we had done more of it ... although o think this trip we had a good balance.
Good old Longhorns. Never let us down yet
Old 2 Jun 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A lovely chilled out last day Amanda. The pool area looks really nice.
Those nachos looks amazing and Longhorn is most certainly a favourite of ours, you just can’t go wrong!
I do love a cocktail that lasts for more than just the one drink, a decent cocktail tally there.
The going home blues never get easier do they? You feel like you should fit in something before you go but in the back of your mind it’s just prolonging the inevitable

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
A lovely chilled out last day Amanda. The pool area looks really nice.
Those nachos looks amazing and Longhorn is most certainly a favourite of ours, you just can’t go wrong!
I do love a cocktail that lasts for more than just the one drink, a decent cocktail tally there.
The going home blues never get easier do they? You feel like you should fit in something before you go but in the back of your mind it’s just prolonging the inevitable
Oh Alicia, I would love to be having a Longhorns longpour and Flos filet right about now

Yes, definitely agree to that feeling. We were pleased we actually did do something the following day so it didn’t end up just being the “hanging about” day