Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Jun 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a great way to start the day, that Mickey Golf cart is amazing! I can imagine that the pool was a welcome relief after your very hot morning.

We have had some brilliant Uber/Lyft drivers in the past. My favourite was they guy that drove us from MCO to POR after our delays in New York, he played ‘A Tale as old as time’ from Beauty and The Beast as we got closer to the resort. Made me cry happy tears

How wonderful that you were able to spend the rest of your day making memories with great friends! These are the moments that we remember forever! What a great day!
Keep reading for more tales of Uber/ Lyft drivers - Day 20 is a corker

Unfortunately we didn't get to use the golf cart round Oak Trail, but it makes for a great photo
The pool was such a welcomed relief after the golf and the afternoon at Orange Lake was just a wonderful way of making those memories with friends too.

Appreciate your continued reading and hope you are keeping well

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Enjoyed the golf, just started again as my sport still can't be played yet... I must play in Florid a one day...perhaps not in August tho!

Thanks for a good read.
Thanks for reading and glad you are enjoying the read. If you ever get to play in Florida, it is bearable if you have a buggy
Such a frustrating game, when you don't play well and the most exciting when it all comes together

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Thanks for those positive vibes Walt n family, read with a smile on my face as always

Thank you - we all need some positive vibes and even rereading previous trip reports is certainly helping me. Glad it brought a smile, I'm not sure that my golf brought that to mine but it certainly helped add to the swear box coffers
Day 20 is coming very soon - thanks for your continued reading as always

Old 1 Jul 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
What a great, non park day. Pretty sure I could lose myself for hours watching Corn hole tossing on tv!
Glad you enjoyed reading about it - I have found that not many people enjoy reading non park days but when you do they tend to be chilled out and offer a few things that are new.
As for corn hole tossing - new Olympic sport I think
Strangely addictive viewing and the degree of accuracy and skill much more than I ever imagined possible.

Thanks for reading as always

Old 3 Jul 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mandsjh
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m really enjoying this. You are a couple of years ahead of us (our boys are 15 and 12 just now). We did Disney for 4 years on the trot and had our big “this is the last one” holiday a couple of years ago. We literally cherry picked all the very best we’d learnt and experienced from the previous trips. It was also the first trip without friends or family. It was perfect in every way. And we said at the time “we will never beat this” and decided to do other stuff.

However... I’ve got that familiar pull!

We are a bit up in the air with Covid and how exams will look for my eldest in 2021 so tentatively looking at the possibility of 2022.

We’ve only ever done onsite with ddp because we loved it! But who knows if free ddp will even be a thing any more. Plus the kids will be much older (17 & 14) so I’m looking into a villa. I think after “the one” a few years ago, this maybe needs to be something different and a villa would fit that bill. Like you, we have many “awww” cute moments from when they were little. Things have moved on. We need to capture some new magic.

Enjoyed reading along...
Mandsjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mandsjh View Post
I’m really enjoying this. You are a couple of years ahead of us (our boys are 15 and 12 just now). We did Disney for 4 years on the trot and had our big “this is the last one” holiday a couple of years ago. We literally cherry picked all the very best we’d learnt and experienced from the previous trips. It was also the first trip without friends or family. It was perfect in every way. And we said at the time “we will never beat this” and decided to do other stuff.

However... I’ve got that familiar pull!

We are a bit up in the air with Covid and how exams will look for my eldest in 2021 so tentatively looking at the possibility of 2022.

We’ve only ever done onsite with ddp because we loved it! But who knows if free ddp will even be a thing any more. Plus the kids will be much older (17 & 14) so I’m looking into a villa. I think after “the one” a few years ago, this maybe needs to be something different and a villa would fit that bill. Like you, we have many “awww” cute moments from when they were little. Things have moved on. We need to capture some new magic.

Enjoyed reading along...
Welcome aboard - glad you have joined us and you are enjoying the trip so far.

Great to read you got that chance to experience that holiday without family or friends
Know it sounds odd but we would never have enjoyed the trips we have had with other in tow.
As a result we have met so many like minded / Disney/ Florida minded people along the way.

To meet up with them is so much more exciting than family

As for your future plans - we have always loved offsite stays - it gives you that true family time, cheap restaurant choices and own pool and hot tub.

Dining Plan just pushed us to the limit this trip and to be honest to stay at The Yacht Club was what made it so special, not dining plan.
As you will read in upcoming days - we actually felt we under booked the villa. They are special times that you never get at home and are the days you yearn to repeat every time you open your back door at home then realise you don't have a pool or lanai

Love your desire to capture 'new magic' what a great way to look at it

Shameless plug for all that I have typed before, but since this is the last one it may be of help.

We have gone from those cute moments and transitioned to this one with a bit of true belief in that magic.
If you want to read that journey the rest of the trips written are here-

Just click on this bit to read

Hope it helps and if nothing else provides some planning help towards a future in which we will all end up back at our happy place.

That familiar pull is just an elastic band feeling that pulls you towards the magic

It will happen again some day !

Thank for reading our trip report and hope you enjoy the ending too

Old 5 Jul 20, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I can only imagine how hot the golf must have been in the morning and how good the pool must have felt when you got there.

It always makes me laugh how cheap lots of things like soda and sweets etc are compared to the UK but then how expensive the healthy things seem.

How lovely to be able to spend so long with your friends just relaxing. I think at the moment we can all appreciate how good that would be.
EEK Had not realised how many lovely replies I still had to reply to on this day - sorry for the delay.

That pool is calling me now! just the most perfect place to enjoy after a round of golf.

Love your comment about healthy stuff in Florida as it has got slightly better over the years but they now give away the bad stuff and just laugh in your face when buying things like a sandwich at the supermarket, which we take for granted in this country!

Healthy stuff is on a whole different financial planet

As you also mentioned - in all these long months to actually go and and enjoy such a wonderful time with friends is something we all would love to be able to do once again.
It certainly does make us appreciate it so much more whilst also making it something that we really do need to do again.

Thank you for reading and for your comment too -so much appreciated in helping me get to teh end of this trip report

Old 6 Jul 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
What a great day
Love reading about your holidays it’s so nice to have something positive to read and enjoy 😀
Thank you so much

I really appreciate your words as at times it is difficult to keep that positivity - if it comes across in all you read then I am so thankful
Today was a good one although since then my golf has not got much better

Day 20 coming very soon .

Appreciate your continued reading and support to get to the end

Old 6 Jul 20, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Your reports are very uplifting,I appreciate you taking the time to write them and bringing us along with you
That means a lot at this moment in time - thank you
The whole thought of " bringing us along with you "
is so meaningful from all the days I have typed on here - glad you highlighted it from a readers sense as it is with that spirit it is intended to be read

As for uplifting - that is a great kick up the back side to get another day posted on here - we love all our days on holiday and if that is how it sounds when you read it then I know it will last as a testament to so many special times we all shared .

Appreciate your lovely words and you taking the time to read all of mine.

Old 6 Jul 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Great day with good friends. Really enjoyed it. Quite poignant now actually given we can’t see friends at the moment.

Thanks so much for writing up another day. Looking forward to the rest 😀
The rest is coming soon and as for the poignancy about friendship - it seems so difficult to think of how we could all even think of sharing this day right now
Glad you enjoyed reading and it was a true day to remember in the whole trip