Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Jul 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Embarrassing moment today...

Still feel embarrassed now... this morning DH and I went to the local tip to get rid of a boot load of cardboard, as I was taking the boot lid out of the back seat to put back in the boot I managed to somehow trip backwards (?) over one of the many cones... and then I couldn’t get up... I have arthritis (I think) in my knees and i can’t kneel as the pain is horrendous when I try... so in the end DH and a man from one of the other cars literally lifted me on to my feet... and no gin was involved, everyone was so kind but I’m still blushing now... though thankfully I was wearing trousers...
Something similar must have happened to someone else... Reassurance please...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Oh poor you... walked into a glass door before in a shop 😂 I could've died, everyone was staring and I was so embarrassed I nearly fell over going out the door 😂😂 hope you're okay though?

Edited at 09:02 PM.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Still feel embarrassed now... this morning DH and I went to the local tip to get rid of a boot load of cardboard, as I was taking the boot lid out of the back seat to put back in the boot I managed to somehow trip backwards (?) over one of the many cones... and then I couldn’t get up... I have arthritis (I think) in my knees and i can’t kneel as the pain is horrendous when I try... so in the end DH and a man from one of the other cars literally lifted me on to my feet... and no gin was involved, everyone was so kind but I’m still blushing now... though thankfully I was wearing trousers...
Something similar must have happened to someone else... Reassurance please...
I had a nasty accident a few years ago which means I can't kneel so you have my sympathies and a good samaritan to help you to get up(despite SD). Hope you are OK otherwise.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh no it’s murder when something like this happens. I hope you are ok.
A good lot of years ago I had the most embarrassing thing happen to me. I was at a huge wedding fair in the secc in Glasgow with my 2 x sil (one of whom was the bride to be) and my mil. The bride to be asked me to go into a changing area to help her try on a dress. This was full of women in various stages of undress. Thank goodness my sil still had her clothes on as I leant on a wall ( partition!) and fell right through it , toppling it over allowing anyone walking past to see all these women. My mil couldn’t stop laughing and it was really funny. The woman who owned the shop wasn’t best pleased though. We still laugh about it.
Old 23 Jul 20, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

How you’re ok now.
Don’t be embarrassed it was an accident and the main thing is you weren’t hurt.
I have bad knees so I know how painful it can be to kneel on the floor and it’s difficult to get up.
It wasn’t me but a few years ago a friend was on a camel ride in Lanzarote she leant forward to speak to the guide she fell off and landed on top of the guide.
She’s a larger lady and her husband said all they could see of the guide were his arms and legs, it took 3 people to lift her off the guide.
Old 23 Jul 20, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

At least you were being responsible and not fly tipping. The other person who helped showed that even with social distancing some kind people are around, and don’t stick to 2 meters
I had an embarrassing email today from the council as my allotment plot is not being kept to the required standard, so I have been given three weeks to put it right or be turfed off

Edited at 09:09 PM.
Orlando Soon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m at an age now when I couldn’t care less what people think ! All I worry about is hurting myself, breaking a bone, smashing my specs or knocking my teeth out (my own, not dentures !).

I hope you feel a bit better now, perhaps a gin would help you relax ! 🥂
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

At the Florida mall, walking from the car to the shops, wearing my crocs, I managed to stand on some “slop” on the ground (leaves,mud etc) feet flew out from under me, I landed on my backside,knees together, feet out at either side. I couldn’t get up, hubby had to come and lift me out. Had to nip into one of the shops sharpish to buy some new clothes, as I had a muddy bum 😱
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
suei
Excited about Disney

:)

I took DS1 to see Father Christmas when I was heavily pregnant with DS2. DS1 was a bit nervous so I crouched down beside him - & couldn't get up. Father Christmas & an Elf had to help me up! Very embarrassing! Hope you're feeling ok now?
suei is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I’m at an age now when I couldn’t care less what people think ! All I worry about is hurting myself, breaking a bone, smashing my specs or knocking my teeth out (my own, not dentures !).

I hope you feel a bit better now, perhaps a gin would help you relax ! 🥂
This is how I feel now. Ive had so many embarrassing moments in the past that now I’m past caring. A couple of years ago I fell my full length in the middle of manchester. I was on all fours for maybe a minute where I just made sure that 1- I hadn’t broken anything and 2- I hadn’t peed myself on the way down lol.
I had to shout on my friend to stop as he hadn’t even noticed and just kept going.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List