Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Aug 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile Aargh Why ?! Disney Changes

Disney sent me an email this afternoon offering us a free of charge room upgrade from AKL standard room to Contemporary Resort Tower room ( Lake View)! That’s always been a dream of ours to stay there, and it’s been so tempting just looking at it. However with the current problems with flights and closed USA borders we just can’t chance it. So with deep regret we cancelled. I could scream...
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

I think your doing the right thing
Old 2 Aug 20, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile Disney room change offer

We had an email today stating that due to the pandemic the AKL non DVC side wouldn’t be open during our dates of stay. They offered us a free of charge upgrade to a Contemporary Resort Tower Room with. Lake View! For no extra cost! Mind blown. Problem is we can’t enter the country and all the flights before and after ours are already either cancelled or changed to different airports on both sides of the pond. Now that resort the CR and that room was our dream destination stay for 20 years. With thinks as they currently stand though we had to decline... oh boy did I lose the plot having to do that it’s not every day you’re offered so much pixie dust. Disney even changed everything in the MDE app too. Such a blooming shame we had to say no to that I doubt we’d be that lucky twice ... oh well!
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Good call. Well done x
Old 3 Aug 20, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I couldn’t decide whether to delay cancelling my booking to see where we would have been allocated as our hotel wasn’t opening. In the end I decided I’d be too upset if they told me we were being allocated the Polynesian (oh the dream!) so cancelled last week 😂. I feel your pain 😂
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Oh noooooo. Typical eh.

You'll just have to treat yourself to a night's stay next time you do visit just to tick that 'dream destination' box.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I've been moved from a Port Orleans Garden View Room to Caribbean Beach Preferred Room. Not quite the upgrade we were hoping for but we did get a reduction in the total cost so thats something!

We accepted the offer so far as out flights are yet to be cancelled (if we're allowed to go we will) but the cast member did tell us we can still cancel up until 7 days before our arrival date and we'll get all our money back so I didn't mind accepting for the time being as I know I can still get out money back!

We're only 45 days out and I have a feeling our flights will get cancelled but everything is still so up in the air! Florida's cases are coming down and they seem to be coming down from their peak so who knows what way its gonna swing (I know it also all depends on Trump & FCO as well). I guess part of me is still hopeful and would still go but we probably won't

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Mobile

We havnt cancelled out end off September booking as yet still clinging onto a miracle happening before then! The people who have cancelled their booking did you get full amount back including deposits? Can you cancel online? Xx
Old 3 Aug 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by emmsy View Post
We havnt cancelled out end off September booking as yet still clinging onto a miracle happening before then! The people who have cancelled their booking did you get full amount back including deposits? Can you cancel online? Xx
If you’ve booked directly with Disney then you can get all your money back including deposit as long as you cancel 7+ days before your arrival

You can’t cancel online only via email or phone call

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
emmsy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
If you’ve booked directly with Disney then you can get all your money back including deposit as long as you cancel 7+ days before your arrival

You can’t cancel online only via email or phone call
Thank you so much for letting me know. Is it just the usual uk Disney email I would use? X