Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Nov 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

What is the one thing you did as a child that is brought up at every family get together?

I asked for a marmalade sandwich at Christmas dinner
Old 10 Nov 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Eating raw bacon rind 🤮🙈
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
Eating raw bacon rind 🤮🙈
I used to do that too🥺.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
braby
Serious Dibber

Pulling a Christmas cracker that had marbles inside, the marbles flew out and went straight through a pane of glass on the stairs.
braby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
I used to do that too🥺.
Omg! I thought I was the only weird kid around 😂
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

This is a very embarrassing one but my Mum always brings it up at family get togethers🥺. We lived on a farm and when I was about 3 I vanished from our garden. My Mum was frantic and started looking for me. Suddenly she heard a little voice singing "I've done a poo, I've done a poo". Over the garden bush she saw a large stick appearing with a little pair of knickers being waved on the top. I had gone in to the field next to the house and done a number two. As there was no loo paper I didn't want to put my pants back on so ended up putting them on the stick.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post

In a diner in a remote part of Canada in a piercing cut glass English accent demanding to know why the man at the next table was eating with his hands and wanting to know if was ok to eat like a pig now we lived in Canada 😟

I was about 3-4 and plainly I had had some fairly sharp reminders of correct table manners at home.

Didn't get to display them in the truck stop though as my mum said we left without ordering food. Wonder why ! 😂
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I can't remember it, but it gets brought up EVERY time.

Apparently I was being a stroppy teenager (likely!) and asked (probably shouted) my mum to move her legs and let me walk around that particular side of the coffee table. She said no and told me to walk around the other way and I shouted "NO! I'm NOT walking the long way round!". Long way round of a blimmin coffee table

Over 10 years later, and I still get the "oh you've walked the long way round" comments if I go that way.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Great thread OP 😉
Old 10 Nov 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve told this story on here many times, but I wanted clogs in the 1970s, not really clogs but slip on shoes with no backs. I said to my sister who was working “I want clogs” 100 times a day, I opened a shoe box on Christmas day with such excitement and in was a scarf and gloves and some sweets I’ve never let her forget it, every year I say do you remember I wanted clogs for Christmas and you bought me a hat a scarf!