Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Nov 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Health update... not Hodgkin’s lymphoma a little worse..

Dear all.
I am posting this to explain my current health situation. I have cancer, it’s is called CUP.. carcinoma of unknown primary. This means my cancer is hiding somewhere and can not be seen ( I’ve called him SP.. scarlet pimpernel) I have had a secondary cancer in one of my clavicular lymph nodes which turned out to be squamous cell carcinoma. That has been removed completely, but unfortunately because we/they don’t know where it started (SP) it’s very hard to treat. On Tuesday next week I start chemotherapy probably 3/4 cycles. I cannot be cured of this cancer until a primary is found but it can certainly be delayed, and my Drs are optimistic that we can so this. I say we, because this is a team effort the Drs the Nurses my husband and my daughters. I will update when I can, so fingers crossed... and let’s hope . Please do not Dr Google this condition otherwise you’ll have me in the ground within a month! Take care. T

PS any tips on coping with chemo gratefully received
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Aw I’m sorry to hear your latest update 😕 sending you so much love and support.

When my mum had Chemo she found that she lost her sense of taste, we covered everything in chilli so she could taste something! She also said that the texture of food was different and felt like cotton wool in her mouth.

All your Dibb family are here rooting for you

Jane xxxx
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m so sorry to read this, will keep 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 they find the primary source soon and you manage to fight this horrible disease xx
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

I am so sorry to hear your update. Hope they locate the primary cancer. Sending you a massive hug.
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I really don’t know what to say apart from I wouldn’t google . I just wanted to say that us on the dibb are here too. I really do wish you all the best and have everything crossed for you..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So sorry to read this Tink, but we know what a fighter you are.
Always here for you xx
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm so sorry to hear this hunny.
I do hope they find the primary cancer soon and that you get sorted quickly.
Thinking of you and know that we are here for you whenever you need us. 😘Xx
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
No googling here, eh that sounds a little rude hahaha 😝 hope they find the Scarlet Pimpernel for you and give it a right kick in the unmentionables.

Take care you brave ≈≈≈≈≈≈. Love from the Dibbs 😍

Edit: Eh, that was not a swear word... or was it
Old 20 Nov 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

So sorry to hear that,my mum found with her chemo that ice lollies were good to help with nausea and stopped her from dehydrating, and she also had boiled sweets in various strong flavours as her sense of taste/texture was different.Hope the chemo goes as well as these things can.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

So sorry it's not better news and wishing lots of strength kicking it's a*se. x

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List