Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Nov 20, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Giving to Food banks

Just a little reminder to my lovely dibb family that this year some people will need to use food banks more than ever.

Admittedly I haven't donated as much to food banks as I should have this year because our big shop is delivered weekly. We have ordered some extra food with our shopping delivery next week which I will take to our local church that has a food bank. So if you can afford to put a little something in a food bank I'm sure it will be much appreciated by those families in need.

Edited at 10:59 AM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Good shout MH.
Just to add, a lot of food banks will have on their social media accounts what supplies they are running short of. There is sometimes a list on the supermarket collection points too.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely post and a great reminder 🥰
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

What a refreshing thread & great reminder!

Is it bad that I was reading it waiting for the catch or 'old people' reference though?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

We donate our winter fuel allowance allowance!
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

A few supermarkets have these bags/boxes that you can buy for around £2-£2.50 and they contain all the items that the food banks are needing. I thought it was a great idea, as sometimes I feel like maybe I’m buying items they already have lots of.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Well said Mickey House.
We always use all our Morrisons more points, Nectar points etc for food items and Boots points for toiletries etc to do an extra big shop for the Foodbank at Christmas. Usually manage a bootful of donations this way. This year we will also do an extra delivery shop for the Foodbank.
I just wish we could donate regularly as well when we do our weekly shop but now this is delivered instead of shopping in store, we hardly go out at all now, which makes it much harder to donate regularly.

So please, please, please support the Foodbank in whatever way you can. It is awful to think that anyone in the UK is going hungry but it is estimated 8.4 million households are officially recognised as being in food poverty in the UK, although there are likely many more, which is just heartbreaking in what is supposed to be a civilised society.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
Well said Mickey House.
We always use all our Morrisons more points, Nectar points etc for food items and Boots points for toiletries etc to do an extra big shop for the Foodbank at Christmas. Usually manage a bootful of donations this way. This year we will also do an extra delivery shop for the Foodbank.
I just wish we could donate regularly as well when we do our weekly shop but now this is delivered instead of shopping in store, we hardly go out at all now, which makes it much harder to donate regularly.

So please, please, please support the Foodbank in whatever way you can. It is awful to think that anyone in the UK is going hungry but it is estimated 8.4 million households are officially recognised as being in food poverty in the UK, although there are likely many more, which is just heartbreaking in what is supposed to be a civilised society.
We are the same, I have not been in a food shop for 8 months so try to send a regular donation to our local food bank. Our village also delivers donated baked goods to people in need in the local area, we used to do a village monthly tea. So I bake once a month for that, I try to make cookies or shortbread type things that will keep and can be eaten over a week or so. Every little bit helps.

Edited at 12:51 PM.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I will leave some bits in Sainsburys food bank today,
Old 28 Nov 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
I will leave some bits in Sainsburys food bank today,
Just watch out for MH, he may be sneaking the chocolate out that you put in

Edited at 01:13 PM.