Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Dec 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Update on my son

You may remember that we have had issues with my youngest son. Swollen lips, bowel issues etc. The stool samples confirmed inflammatory bowel disease and due to the fact it is effecting all his intestinal tract (swollen lips)the doctor said it must crohns because colitis effects one part not all of it. He has had two lots of sterile but they can not start proper treatment until a full investigation is completed. His appointment has been put back again and again due to covid. His latest appointment got cancelled so I sent photos of his lips plus a weeks diary of his bowel movements. They then rang and booked him in for January and told to isolate for 10 days prior to surgery.
The consultant rang today to say that it needs doing before January and he has managed to fit him in on the 16th December and a covid test this Sunday. We all must isolate immediately.
The surgery is a juvenile colonoscopy and camera down his throat and lip, stomach & bowel biopsy’s.
I just hope his test is clear on Sunday so it definitely goes ahead.
He is only 7 and the last few times they took blood he was hysterical so we are not telling him yet. I am absolutely dreading the 16th, I know he will be fine and there are a lot worse operations to be had but he is my baby boy and my stomach is in knots.
I couldn’t get an online delivery for anywhere for tomorrow apart from ice land. I have never shopped there before but they seemed to have a good choice of items. I always do a big shop at the weekend so we literally have no food in apart from cereal.
So hopefully he can start his treatment very soon and we can get on top of things, it’s awful that he gas had to suffer since may/june.
Sorry for my waffling 🙈
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Hope that your son gets the results back asap and on the road to recovery.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Hope that your son gets the results back asap and on the road to recovery.
Thank you, fingers crossed this doesn’t get cancelled 🤞🏻🤞🏻
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Awww thinking of you. Hope all goes well. xxxxxxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JaxieMom
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Aww bless him, poor lad. Hope all goes well and he is on the road to recovery very soon. Take Care
JaxieMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Aww bless him, I hope he is ok and doesn't get too stressed about it. I am sure they will be lovely in the hospital and will help allay his fears. Is he going in to the Infirmary?
I think you will be pleasantly surprised by Iceland, I have used them a few times recently and they have been great. Get in touch if you get really stuck, I am not too far away and would be happy to help. Take care x
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Fingers crossed that it goes ahead on the 16th and that all comes back ok.
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m really happy for you that they’ve finally brought it forward. Hopefully once you’ve got a confirmed diagnosis, although I know that will be tough in itself, then he can start getting the treatments and the help he needs.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
I’m really happy for you that they’ve finally brought it forward. Hopefully once you’ve got a confirmed diagnosis, although I know that will be tough in itself, then he can start getting the treatments and the help he needs.
This - absolutely.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DFussy
Very Serious Dibber

Hi Floridatilly. Hope all goes well with the covid test.

Are they putting him under for this. My dd had an endoscopy ie camera down throat re reflux investigations at around the same age and they did it with light sedation as a day procedure. My hubby and dad have both had colonoscopy and it is said to be quite uncomfortable.

She also had a 24 hour acid study so they left a tube in and we had to go back the next day. Her immediate reaction as she came round was to try and remove the tube.

The endoscopy makes the throat sore, so they gave her ice pops, so as long as they dont enflame his stomach, you might find it useful to have some ice cream/pops in to help with any soreness after.

Hope the procedure goes well, and that you get the answers you need to start getting your son better.
DFussy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List