Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 Dec 20, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

The Castle!

Any idea on what they might do to it for the 50th?

I know WDW filed a permit for construction but that could mean anything. When do people think they will reveal what they're going to do and when do you think they will reveal it (providing they do make changes obviously) Not sure if they will do some big reveal on Oct 1st or do it before. Any idea what they did for the 25th?

We plan to go in August and it will be my DD2's first WDW trip and her 1st birthday while we're there. It will also be mine and DD1's birthday while we're there so I would really like to have some nice family photos in front of the castle. Hope we can actually get there of course but if we can it would be nice if the castle isn't covered up or surrounded by cranes! 🤞🏼
Old 30 Dec 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Deb B
Proud to wear my Ears

We were out there for the 25th anniversary and the castle was all decorated like a birthday cake if I remember correctly, it was pink. We were given commemorative scrolls while we were there 😊
Deb B is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
The anniversary is 1st October 2021. I belive originally this was going to be an 18 month celebration, packages and tickets were meant to have already been released this year (a rumour I heard was hard tickets like MNSSHP but with tiers for certain levels of access)

Obviously with the permit and comments that CM will be at the center of the celebration and will be at the anniversaries heart, plans are in place. But what those plans are, what's been cut from the original plans and if they can rehire and retrain the staff they had to layoff in time have yet to be announced. A major part of the anniversary was that all/most work in epcot was to be finished by then.

Hopefully they'll share something soon

Edited at 03:52 PM.
a11mark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Deb B View Post
We were out there for the 25th anniversary and the castle was all decorated like a birthday cake if I remember correctly, it was pink. We were given commemorative scrolls while we were there 😊
I was going to say, I remember when they did this! I really hope they don't do this again - in my opinion, it looked horrible!
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Golden ribbons and bows?

I wish they would confirm if Tron is opening or not in 2021.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Disney only recently updated the castle to add dark blue roofs, a slight pink-ish colour, and to add lots of gold trim. I thought this was for the 50th anniversary - especially the gold bits?

I can't see them updating it again this year.

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
I was going to say, I remember when they did this! I really hope they don't do this again - in my opinion, it looked horrible!
I thought the pink birthday cake castle looked great (I realise I'm in the minority). At least it was something different.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Disney only recently updated the castle to add dark blue roofs, a slight pink-ish colour, and to add lots of gold trim. I thought this was for the 50th anniversary - especially the gold bits?

I thought the pink birthday cake castle looked great (I realise I'm in the minority). At least it was something different.

This is what I'm thinking, I really hope we're right! Seems silly to repaint the whole castle to just cover it all up!
Old 4 Jan 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
blackbird
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post

My wife still got the t shirt with tags on, among many other items she had to have and never worn
blackbird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List