Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jan 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Does anyone use a prescription delivery service?

Hello

My Mum is on the extremely vulnerable list and has about 8 prescriptions, dad is over 75 and has a couple of prescriptions

He normally goes to pick them up from the village pharmacy but I have said they should get them delivered as it’s not safe now

The reason I feel it is not safe is the village pharmacy is tiny, they let 3 people in at a time and when Dad gets to the counter the prescriptions are never ready so he has to wait 20 mins and then they say things like well here are 6 items and can you come back tomorrow for the other 2?

Anyway I would be most happy to pick up the prescriptions up if they were actually ready but I don’t really want to wait around in a tiny pharmacy for 20 minutes either (I have asthma)

So after all that waffle, does anyone have any experience of getting their prescriptions delivered and would you recommend it?

By the way I am getting their prescriptions from now on until we can sort something else out

Thanks

Edie
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
for my son we use Boots and Bullen Healthcare both we have no problems

We are in Scotland and Bullen Healthcare are I think in Liverpool so they don't need to me near you to use them

Boots its their own boots guys that delivery Bullen its Parcel express

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
We use one from the pharmacy linked to the GP practice and it works fine
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I use Echo (which is Lloyds pharmacy) , really good.
It’s postal (Royal Mail) rather than delivery but a lot easier, I just request through the app and two or three days later it arrives.
Since my son started using it we’ve had less panics when he’s forgotten to request repeats (which he’s really good at) as it’s a lot quicker than the traditional way via the surgery.

Edited at 12:35 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Our local pharmacy sounds like yours, except they also employ a driver and will do deliveries of prescriptions, so we use that.

I've heard some of the postal ones are quite good, but I've no actual first hand evidence
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Another vote for echo, I started after my poor son queued for an hour outside our pharmacy during first lockdown.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Trouble3
Apprentice Imagineer

Trouble3's Reviews
I've used them for a few years now.

Used the Lloyds one first and they were crap, constantly delaying the order and a few times sent me things I didn't order.

I now use Pharmacy2U; use their App on my phone. They're pretty good.
Think they're based in Yorkshire as the tracked parcel always starts at Yorkshire DC.
They use Royal Mail Tracked 48hr, but you only get a tracking number if the parcel is too big to go thru your letterbox (mine generally is ).

Pharmacy2U have in past not had part of my order in stock. When that happens they tell you in an email when it's likely to be back in stock and offer to send you the rest of your order, or you can wait for the full order. Found that quite handy. I know a few other companies don't do that, which causes problems (Aunt had major problems with Lloyds/Echo and ended up switching to Pharmacy2U on my recommendation).
Old 7 Jan 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
I'm 75 soon and luckily still able to drive the 4 or 5 miles to our pharmacy which is a 2 minute walk from the GP. We have fairly recently arranged to have the repeat prescriptions delivered straight to the pharmacy.

We watch the ads for these "free" prescription home delivery services and ask ourselves how do they do it financially? They must be paid somehow for delivering the meds?

Mick
Old 7 Jan 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I have started using echo even though there is a chemist across the street from me. The staff are so frightfully grumpy and huffy - I dont need that and they obviously dont need business.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

A pharmacy about 7miles away from where I live deliver my prescriptions.

They get the repeat prescription from my Doctors every 8 weeks and then deliver the items.

Had initial teething problems at the start when they had to be asked to get the prescription with a telephone call but now its all automatic and my prescription is delivered every 8 weeks

Cant really fault the service and its free.
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List