Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Jan 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

Mobile Would you/have you booked a summer holiday?

What’s everybody’s thoughts? I’m not so stupid that I don’t see there are risks with it but we are a family of 5 and summer holidays are very expensive. I’ve seen some good deals with TUI who’s T&C’s seem good with free amendments etc. I’m wondering whether to secure something now with a deposit on a holiday we can afford and see how it goes rather than wait until holidays are deemed “safe” and then potentially sky rocket in price so we can’t afford to go. I know nobody can say what the right thing to do is but I’m interested to see if anybody else is doing the same?
2018 - Villa in Davenport
2022 - Blue Tree Resort
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Our sumner holiday from last year was postponed until this year. Thankfully a few weeks before Christmas TUI cancelled it. I appreciate everyone is different but for me it was a relief as I feel it too risky and stressful to travel abroad this year. It’s all so uncertain with testing before you go or before you travel home and not to mention restrictions in place at the resort. I just wouldn’t find it very relaxing and that’s what I go on holiday to do. I would rather wait until the world is back to normal, even if it’s not for a year or so.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not a chance I would book anything for this year despite absolutely loving my holidays
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

I already had 2 holidays booked for this year before any of this happened, so we have a cruise in April that I am expecting to be cancelled which I will move to 22. I also have a week in Lanzarote booked for the end of July which was booked pre Covid.

On top of that are the two cancelled holidays from last year that have been moved to this. Spain at Whitsun and Florida in October. So at the moment we have 4 holidays booked for this year! Part of me hopes at least one if not two will be moved to 22. Part of me thinks 4 holidays are needed right now and if we can go when the time comes we will.

I'd say if you are happy with the chance it may not happen then go for it, but there is always the risk that prices will go up and you'll end up paying more.

Edited at 12:19 PM.
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I booked in September for this August and in October for this April. Like you, I wanted to lock in prices. I don’t know what will happen with them, but it was the right thing for me to do at the time. I’m prepared for them to be cancelled, but happy I have them booked
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

If you’re happy with the T&Cs and have the money spare, then I don’t see why not.

We don’t have the money spare, otherwise yes we would have booked our honeymoon.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I love my holidays and always have something booked. I cant see things significantly changing by the summer for me to feel safe and happy to get on a plane. I really hope I'm wrong.
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

I’ve been browsing and would like to book an all inclusive package holiday for 2 weeks in August. We had no problems with TUI last year (2 pretty last minute bookings for Aug 2020 and Oct 2020) and as long as their terms and conditions for cancellation, amendments and Covid insurance haven’t changed too much then I’d book with them again, I just haven’t found the right holiday yet. That’s a fib, I have found the one I want but at over £6k for 2 weeks it’s well over what I’m willing to pay!

As long as I’m only risking a small amount financially and I’m happy with the terms and conditions, then I’d book something.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

We have just moved our cancelled flights to June and we had already booked Costa Rica for July.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

We have Florida booked for July rebooked from last year. If it doesn’t go ahead we’ll move it to 2022 with no problems.
I also want to book something for Europe if we can’t get to Florida in July, was looking at Portaventura theme park for the week with tickets & flights & the Portaventura hotel for £1300 for 4 of us! We wouldn’t get to DLP fir that! I’m tempted to book it with low deposit & free amendments!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24

Edited at 01:01 PM.
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List