Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Jan 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Will WDW ever be back to how it was?

What are everyone’s thoughts? I know it may take awhile but will we get the magic back?
Disney for me is:
The parades
The fireworks
DDP (free) but appreciate that might not come back
Photos with the characters(and yes hugging them)

When do we think this will be back if ever?

I too was a fan on the DME and always planned the end of my holidays to end at Disney as it was so convienent.
Old 11 Jan 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
blackbird
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
What are everyone’s thoughts? I know it may take awhile but will we get the magic back?
Disney for me is:
The parades
The fireworks
DDP (free) but appreciate that might not come back
Photos with the characters(and yes hugging them)

When do we think this will be back if ever?

I too was a fan on the DME and always planned the end of my holidays to end at Disney as it was so convienent.
Not with the people in charge now
blackbird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well as today they’ve announced they are cancelling MDE and EMH, I very much doubt it

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

I understand the restrictions with the pandemic but like all of us I want to go when it was like it was and can’t negotiate on the fireworks and parades. I was thinking maybe 2023?
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

I suspect it’ll never go back to exactly as it was. They realise people will still pay top money with half of the experience missing... meaning their costs per visitor is less whilst the amount the visitor pays is the same.

It’s a business so all comes down to what makes them money. If reinstating fast passes means they can make more money as people spend less time in queues and spend more money in shops and on food... you can guarantee it will be back.

If they don’t think doing EMH really impacts the bottom line, I suspect we won’t really see it.

It’s more down the bean counters now than the experience. We’ve just booked flights and suspect if the Aug holiday goes ahead, this will be the first time we miss Disney. We’ll look to doing a few days in Universal and Busch gardens and maybe look at that H2O water park on the 192... do things we probably normally wouldn’t do as we are in Disney parks or chilling.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Simply no

However for first timers. The magic will be there for those of us that have been before many times we have been saying for sometime that Disney has gone down hill from eating to customer service to taking more and more away and adding more and more costs 🥺
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by itz_baseline View Post
I suspect it’ll never go back to exactly as it was. They realise people will still pay top money with half of the experience missing... meaning their costs per visitor is less whilst the amount the visitor pays is the same.

It’s a business so all comes down to what makes them money. If reinstating fast passes means they can make more money as people spend less time in queues and spend more money in shops and on food... you can guarantee it will be back.

If they don’t think doing EMH really impacts the bottom line, I suspect we won’t really see it.

It’s more down the bean counters now than the experience. We’ve just booked flights and suspect if the Aug holiday goes ahead, this will be the first time we miss Disney. We’ll look to doing a few days in Universal and Busch gardens and maybe look at that H2O water park on the 192... do things we probably normally wouldn’t do as we are in Disney parks or chilling.
You will still have an incredible time. One of the best holidays for us was when we stayed cheap. Got the Rosen inn cheap, did all the stuff you never have time to do. Mall shopping, went to the beach, went orange picking, all the attractions on I drive, picked a car up went to st Augustine, mooched around Disney Springs, city week, pool time it really was amazing!
Old 11 Jan 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Maybe it won’t go back to how it was; but I think right now is a bad time to judge. Disney needs to make savings.

I really have faith that Disney has consistently been good at evolving; fast passes, skyliner, magic bands...

I think some of those things will return when the time is right, and the things that don’t return will be taken over with something else.

For us, we absolutely love the Disney bubble; we bought DVC because we love it... and for me, the second I step foot on Main Street with our little boy (we bought DVC when I was pregnant with him and we haven’t been able to go yet) and he sees the castle for the first time, everything else will seem insignificant 😍
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
Maybe it won’t go back to how it was; but I think right now is a bad time to judge. Disney needs to make savings.

I really have faith that Disney has consistently been good at evolving; fast passes, skyliner, magic bands...

I think some of those things will return when the time is right, and the things that don’t return will be taken over with something else.

For us, we absolutely love the Disney bubble; we bought DVC because we love it... and for me, the second I step foot on Main Street with our little boy (we bought DVC when I was pregnant with him and we haven’t been able to go yet) and he sees the castle for the first time, everything else will seem insignificant 😍
This is an opinion but I firmly believe that they do not need to make savings. It will be financially beneficial for them to do so and they absolutely want to cut costs but it is not necessary for the very survival of the corporation as a whole. Or at least on this scale.

It reflects on the loyal following of the Disney brand that they can take decisions such as the ones made in the last few weeks and still have people claim these to be a necessity. Particularly given the diversity of holdings under the brand and the growth of certain areas (e.g. Streaming) All of this is of course reflected in their share price.

They have already cut so much regardless, I fail to see how these recent cuts were required. I suspect they have simply ramped up their monetisation plan in light of current events. Get all the bad feeling out of the way in a time period when bookings/visits might be reduced anyway - that way on the bounce back in future years it becomes the new normal and people cease to question things.

Of course it's entirely possible that they have simply panicked and slashed costs to keep investors and share holders happy. But Disney rarely does anything without planning - or having already been planned through.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 21, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Whoppery5k
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Helenr View Post
Well as today they’ve announced they are cancelling MDE and EMH, I very much doubt it
Depends what you consider to be magic.
I went 2 years ago and it was the most amazing place on earth, booked to go again this summer.
But I have never experienced the EMH, DDP, and I'm not sure what MDE but think you mean the Disney express... never done that ether.
So I think it's what you consider to be the bench mark
Whoppery5k is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List