Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jan 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We said last summer would be our last WDW trip mainly due to Disney getting so greedy, parking at the parks, parking at the hotel cost of food etc...

We will stick by that I am tentatively looking up at some flights for Miami in August but have already said if we go there will be no parks, disney springs yes maybe a brunch in the grand Floridian but no parks.

If we go to California we will go to Disneyland as we love that and I prefer it I know it sounds daft but it does not feel so touristy or at least international and we can stay in decent accommodation and walk everywhere and go out to eat.

We won’t go to Disneyland Paris as it is only slightly more enjoyable than Chessington for 10 times the price and a million miles away from what Disney should be.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I said 2019 would be our last, then it’s like brainwashing sets is, and I think it was Duchy who said on another thread , it’s the nostalgia that drags you back. We are, depending on current situations, looking at Orlando next September but not doing WDW apart from the five free nights I have with them, no parks or dining etc. As our free nights include parking, I intend to get “free” nights and not “free nights “ at an additional cost. Once that’s all costed up, then we will look at all our other options
I live in in mainland European country, so no longer have the city urge to travel. If I had more than one more chance to go to the USA, which is unlikely, I’d like to do a California fly drive type holiday, we went to Disneyland in about 1986 or the New England fall drive. My dream holiday would be to go on a horse riding ranch holiday but mega bucks from what I can see and my husband not over keen.

American like Europe is so diverse there’s a lot to see with the additional familiarity of language for many.

Like everything it’s all about horses for courses
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
We said last summer would be our last WDW trip mainly due to Disney getting so greedy, parking at the parks, parking at the hotel cost of food etc...

We will stick by that I am tentatively looking up at some flights for Miami in August but have already said if we go there will be no parks, disney springs yes maybe a brunch in the grand Floridian but no parks.

If we go to California we will go to Disneyland as we love that and I prefer it I know it sounds daft but it does not feel so touristy or at least international and we can stay in decent accommodation and walk everywhere and go out to eat.

We won’t go to Disneyland Paris as it is only slightly more enjoyable than Chessington for 10 times the price and a million miles away from what Disney should be.
I have to agree, everytime i price it
Up I shudder at the costs of a simple 3/4 nights away... it’s truly staggering
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Just before I split with my partner I bought a lovely little caravan, so I’ll be having more UK trips this year.

Im not impressed how Disney have handled certain aspects of the pandemic. I sold the bulk of my DVC points too. Whilst I have a trip booked for Sep, if that goes ahead, that will be the last for a while.
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Just before I split with my partner I bought a lovely little caravan, so I’ll be having more UK trips this year.

Im not impressed how Disney have handled certain aspects of the pandemic. I sold the bulk of my DVC points too. Whilst I have a trip booked for Sep, if that goes ahead, that will be the last for a while.
TBH I’d love to have a campers van and travel around mainland Europe with husband and dogs. Because borders are open to us no crossings etc. Husband not as keen!
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Good for you! There is a whole World out there. We would only now visit Orlando if with friends or relatives. We are done and Disney in any case has not figured in our last 5 visits.

We have 1 more US trip booked and 2 more planned.
Booked, California, Arizona, Nevada.
Planned 1. New England (all States then across to Detroit and Chicago.
Planned 2. SFO, Hawaii, LA then drive across to New Orleans, Pensacola.

In addition we want to see Cambodia and Vietnam.

I guess age and Insurance will then become an issue (I am 60), so then we will do all the European ones that we haven’t already covered... Poland, Czech, Scotland, Wales etc ..

Edited at 12:29 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pompeyboy View Post
I drove up to Carlisle for the football and didn't appreciate how lovely the countryside is once you get past say Preston on the M6. It was this time of year and horrible sleety weather but even in those conditions and not leaving the motorway the scenery was amazing.

I vowed to go back and do a tour up the M6 and back down the M1 doing the Lakes and York.

We've been going to Florida for 40 years and the last trip was, perhaps, the best ever and would love to go back but there are so many more options, or will be once this horrible situation passes.
The Lakes are breathtaking , first time I drove up there on business I was in awe.
We’ve never done “just” Disney or even “just Florida” although it has always drawn us back . There’s so many amazing places to visit both home and away it’s good to not always rely on “what we know”.
With Disney paring value down even more, it’s a good time to be thinking , where else , even if you still want theme parks there’s so much choice.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I said 2019 would be our last, then it’s like brainwashing sets is, and I think it was Duchy who said on another thread , it’s the nostalgia that drags you back. We are, depending on current situations, looking at Orlando next September but not doing WDW apart from the five free nights I have with them, no parks or dining etc. As our free nights include parking, I intend to get “free” nights and not “free nights “ at an additional cost. Once that’s all costed up, then we will look at all our other options
I live in in mainland European country, so no longer have the city urge to travel. If I had more than one more chance to go to the USA, which is unlikely, I’d like to do a California fly drive type holiday, we went to Disneyland in about 1986 or the New England fall drive. My dream holiday would be to go on a horse riding ranch holiday but mega bucks from what I can see and my husband not over keen.

American like Europe is so diverse there’s a lot to see with the additional familiarity of language for many.

Like everything it’s all about horses for courses
Would love love love to do California road trip. See the Sequoia National Park, go to Disney California and so many places I’ve only seen on TV. Possibly get a round in at Pebble Beach golf club. Oh to dream... promised family we would take everyone on last blast Disney holiday so we can see grandsons first ever trip first.

Why is every Disney Trip our last one but never is?

Edited at 12:51 PM.
levtweeney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I have to agree, everytime i price it
Up I shudder at the costs of a simple 3/4 nights away... it’s truly staggering
I’m the same, not visited DLP in years now as every time I look at the cost for what is a short break I shudder and can’t justify it on a per night basis . We are in Kent so have the Eurostar option but even then it’s such poor value I’d rather spend the same money on flights to the US ... or elsewhere.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We did the Orlando but no Disney, didn’t do Universal but had a DC day with entry to SW , Aquatica and BG. My husband vastly preferred it to his previous first Disney trip , he said not having to plan , not getting ripped off for food and with lower crowds more spontaneous days was far more his thing. I thought I at least might miss Disney, but I didn’t , at all. Not even a twinge (which surprised me).
We ate better , did more and spent less we didn’t just do Orlando either just a week of the trip.

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post

Edited at 01:02 PM.