Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 21, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Karndean. Really easy to look after, mud and cat pawprints just wipe off with a microfibre cloth, not cold to walk on at all. Looks like real wood. Mine has been down 12 years and still looks new, has only been stripped and re-dressed (with special Karndean polish) once in all that time
FlorayG is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

We’ve recently replaced our downstairs hallway carpet with a wooden floor & a recessed area of coconut matting in front of the door.

It’s so easy to keep clean.

We have a shoes off policy in the house but the area around the door always used to get dirty quickly due to people coming in & out.
The cats always make a mess, bringing in live & dead rodents, which are also much easier to clear up on the wooden floor 😁

I wish we’d switched years ago.
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Ok. Going to ask dense question now. But if you have hard floors what do you clean it with?

We have a Henry but it's not too good on our existing hard floor in kitchen and can scratch it so I have to brush it every day.

Adding a new expensive hoover on the top will mean a different budget again. 🙂
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I have the shark which is good on hard floors but I just tend to quickly brush with a soft indoor brush then vacuum up the bits I have swept into a pile. You wouldn’t necessarily have to change your Henry if you did the same.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Don’t even consider hard flooring unless you have a detached house as it is unfair on neighbourhs as the sound bounces around so much more
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I have the shark which is good on hard floors but I just tend to quickly brush with a soft indoor brush then vacuum up the bits I have swept into a pile. You wouldn’t necessarily have to change your Henry if you did the same.
I do the same with the Dyson I have a possibly ridiculous fear it will scratch.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Don’t even consider hard flooring unless you have a detached house as it is unfair on neighbourhs as the sound bounces around so much more
Depends on how thick the walls are surely.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Depends on how thick the walls are surely.
There are several factors thick walls is part of it, cavity is another, curtains and other soft furnishings but certainly in any post war semi having solid flooring will certainly mean that you are far more likely to affect next door with noise we have had this twice. We have solid wood flooring throughout our house (not my choice) but we dont share a wall.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
There are several factors thick walls is part of it, cavity is another, curtains and other soft furnishings but certainly in any post war semi having solid flooring will certainly mean that you are far more likely to affect next door with noise we have had this twice. We have solid wood flooring throughout our house (not my choice) but we dont share a wall.
I don't think the hard vinyl floors cause much of a noise at all. We don't hear our dogs walking on it yet if we take them to my in laws who have wood flooring the noise is terrible with their nails clicking on it. The vinyl definately muffles the sound.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
I don't think the hard vinyl floors cause much of a noise at all. We don't hear our dogs walking on it yet if we take them to my in laws who have wood flooring the noise is terrible with their nails clicking on it. The vinyl definately muffles the sound.
Firstly I have realised its hall flooring which is not such an issue, its the hard floors in a room with a hifi or TV or even conversation its not about the footsteps its about how the sounds travels without having soft furnishings and carpet to absorb them.