Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
He may well be but that doesn’t excuse his very very odd behaviour. Just let him know you know somehow without placing yourself at harm. It’s the only option other than letting it go it seems.

Maybe his wife has noticed too? Strike up a conversation with her and say you noticed these things and ask if she has too, she might be happy to talk or she may be happy to tell him to stop it as people are noticing!

He seems very odd.
Thank you that is exactly what I feel. I will speak to her when she’s alone.

She’s a nice lady but she has changed a bit to , haven’t we all.
I think the whole Covid thing has made a lot of people very insular and self centred.
Old 18 Jan 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

Just to say, when it is a large rat trap, it’s a danger to all domestic and wild life. As a previous poster has said , I would be inclined to put cameras up, for your own peace of mind. Del

Edited at 06:12 PM.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Nannad View Post
Just to say, when it is a large rat trap, it’s a danger to all domestic and wild life, as a previous poster has said , I would be inclined to put cameras up, for your own peace of mind. Del
It was massive, it was at least double the size of mousetraps.
It wasn’t set though that was the strange thing. Unless of course it had pinged , but it didn’t look like it had moved as it was still partially under the stones.
We also have some little squirrels and a fox that goes around our area .
Old 18 Jan 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

How odd. I agree I would speak to all the others, act as if you have no idea who may have done it and ask if anyone has had similar. Tell them you are putting a camera up as you are concerned - you can get a camera off amazon for about £20 that will sit on your windowsill and point out, it records to a memory card and can alert you for motion.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Learn something new everyday - no idea grapes were toxic to dogs
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Learn something new everyday - no idea grapes were toxic to dogs
Very toxic, including dried fruits. Mince pies, Christmas cake and Christmas puds are a real poison risk to dogs each Christmas.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I wouldn’t put it on the wife to sort out tbh. You mention in your first post that the wife was quick to say that it wasn’t her that moved the trap. That to me suggests that the wife has already tried to get him to be more reasonable and told him not to do it in the first place. You also say she’s changed. So it’s not unreasonable to think that he could be difficult to live with, or something worse. I think report to LA and keep well clear.
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by marypoppins38 View Post
Very toxic, including dried fruits. Mince pies, Christmas cake and Christmas puds are a real poison risk to dogs each Christmas.
There was also what looked like fruit cake or Christmas cake in that communal park dogs and humans alike go in a couple of summers ago.
Old 18 Jan 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Disneybear View Post
I wouldn’t put it on the wife to sort out tbh. You mention in your first post that the wife was quick to say that it wasn’t her that moved the trap. That to me suggests that the wife has already tried to get him to be more reasonable and told him not to do it in the first place. You also say she’s changed. So it’s not unreasonable to think that he could be difficult to live with, or something worse. I think report to LA and keep well clear.
I think we are completely on the same wavelength actually,
As the first thing she said was when he said who put that there was , not me , definitely NOT me, like she knew he was angry it wasn’t where he had left it.

Said to hubby , I would have expected her to say , what is it, what’s that etc I felt it was exactly that ie , she was saying it like there was an issue with it.

Edited at 06:38 PM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

He probably found it hard to set, was it a humane one, or something that would cause a mess. In the village next to us, a few years ago someone was putting poison down for cats, lot of odd people around. Del
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List