Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 16 Sep 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
dh058977
Getting to know the DIBB

New Year 2019/20

Hi All,

Would like to know what people think of our itinerary for New Year 19/20.

This will be my wifes 3rd trip to Florida (2016 for Honeymoon, 2018 for her 30th in Dec & NY) but I have been lots of times before as a kid.

Seaworld is our favourite park, closely followed by Busch Gardens. The trip in 2018 was crazy busy as we tried to do every single evening fireworks / show we could after long days in the park so we are happy to take it easy this time and relax more in the evenings. We will still do Fantasmic as Danielle would like to do the Dessert party.

We have booked half board as we got a great deal so this gives us the option of both eating out or in the hotel.

Thanks in advance!

I'm new so I cannot link to the Vacation Planner but its called 'NY 2019/20' so hopefully members can find it?

Edited at 10:54 AM.
dh058977 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Plan looks good, I'm not sure you'd have enough time in US and IOA though? It's over New Year so I can imagine it's going to be really busy. We only just manage to get IOA done in a day with express passes and same with US. Other than that I think it's good Not long now X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

On your 'Day 2' your Universal and Magic Kingdom day - don't forget you'll have to pay for parking twice then, $26 (I think!) for Universal and then $26 for Disney. If you're wanting to do that it would be better to do Disney first as Universal parking is free after 6pm.

I also wouldn't want to be doing anything major in the evenings on your first few days - you'll still be trying to get used to the time difference.

I would also recommend more time in Universal/IOA. The Universal premium hotels might be expensive that time of year but it might still be worth having a look. With Universal premium hotels (Hard Rock, Royal Pacific and Portofino Bay) you get included express passes, and it is usually cheaper than buying them separately. If you were to do this then you would want two days in a row of Universal/IOA (as one night = 2 days express passes)

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dh058977
Getting to know the DIBB

Thanks guys, it is a bit annoying that we will have to pay for 2 lots of parking on day 2 but we have to activate our Disney tickets in 2019 so not much choice! We don't have another day at Universal planned so it has to be there during the day and Disney in the evening.

We haven't got alot of time planned in US or IOA and thats ok with us but I am going to look into Express Pass options - If anything it is MK we would like a second day in (or at least an afternoon) so might juggle a few things around yet.

Edited at 11:18 PM.
Old 16 Sep 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dh058977
Getting to know the DIBB

So for the 30th Dec, single Express passes are $139.99pp & you cannot book the January ones yet - A room @ Portofino Bay for the 9th Jan would be $336 so it might be worth doing US and IOA back to back on the 9th and 10th, thanks for the tip galaxyflorida! How do you get the Express passes? Are they emailed or would I actually have to go check in on the 9th to get them? Thanks
Old 17 Sep 19, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dh058977 View Post
So for the 30th Dec, single Express passes are $139.99pp & you cannot book the January ones yet - A room @ Portofino Bay for the 9th Jan would be $336 so it might be worth doing US and IOA back to back on the 9th and 10th, thanks for the tip galaxyflorida! How do you get the Express passes? Are they emailed or would I actually have to go check in on the 9th to get them? Thanks
Portofino Bay is usually the most expensive- have you looked at Royal Pacific or Hard Rock?

You will need to physically check in at the hotel, you can do this from 7am I believe so you can head there first and then head to the parks. The express pass is your room key, every one gets a personalised keycard with their name on it. They are lovely hotels and whilst you don't have to stay there overnight, it might be a nice treat to, given that you've paid for it!

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
dh058977
Getting to know the DIBB

Yes sorry, you are correct! Must have been tired last night as Royal Pacific is the cheapest at $336! Still worth it though I think!
Old 18 Sep 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Take a little look at HRH too. We managed to get HRH Club level room for an extra £19, compared to a standard room at RPR, so no breakfast to pay for X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dh058977
Getting to know the DIBB

Updated to include new US & IOA plan! Pretty happy with it now