Notices

Old 16 Oct 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Take a look through my eyes, day 14. Animal Kingdom, Satuli, Magic Kingdom and the coveted lanterns. 12th September 2019

FoP fastpass day today! Woo hoo! A double woo hoo as John has a fast pass as well, only he is a wimp and can't ride it or he will be ill all day, so I get to ride it twice. Lucky me!
I'm sure that you notice more each time you ride, it also feels slightly different depending on where you sit? It could be that I was just noticing more, I also made a point of watching other people's reactions and everyone is the same, just total awe.

It was still quite early but we were both hungry and fancied some breakfast preferably something hot, Creature comforts was packed and I didn't want to queue, Kusafiri also had a huge queue, we were getting slightly frustrated now. If we had wanted a beer or frozen margaritas at 8:15 in the morning we would have been fine.

We ended up making do with some pastries from the isle of Java food cart, why isn't there any QS open for breakfast in AK?

We sat in the Flametree BBQ area to eat these, its quite nice here early in the morning, you have the whole area to yourselves, apart from all the cranes eyeing up your food of course!

Next up was Bugs life (again!), followed by the lion king show. I don't think that we will ever tire of this, goose bumps every time.

Found Kevin! Complete fail on the selfie front 😂

We had an early 11:45 lunch at Satuli, I was very much looking forward to this, it was quite busy even though it wasn't prime lunch time.

I ordered the Chili Garlic shrimp with noodles and the creamy herb sauce, John had the beef and black bean rice. Both were delicious and filling. We also ordered the Chocolate cake and the Blueberry Cream cheese Mousse as snack credits alongside the QS meals, the cashier got a bit confused about how to do this and faffed around for a bit, we offered to pay for the desserts oop but he then waved us on, we collected our meals and ended up getting the desserts for free, and an extra chocolate cake? We declined the extra cake though!

The blueberry cream cheese mouse was so sweet! It was nice but we both preferred the chocolate cake. We also both had a Pandoran Sunrise which was quite moorish, I've since discovered that there is melon Powerade in it, total sugar overload for us today then!

We left AK just after 12:30 and bumped into DiVine! We spent ages in 2016 trying to hunt her down, then totally out of the blue here she is! She is soooo graceful and just completely blends in with the foliage, she's quite mesmerising to watch.

Caught the bus back to AKL to spend a couple of hours in the pool before heading back out to MK, my mission this evening was to queue up for the lantern photos in the Tangled area.

Grabbed the chance to have some more photos in front of the castle, you can never have enough of these!

We had another early 4:30 meal at the Starlight Café, not one of our favourites but mostly nostalgic reasons. We made a not very healthy choice of burger and fries, the burger came with mac and cheese, I can honestly say that we wont be having these again, they look cute though!

Dessert was a churro ice cream from sleepy hollow, another item that I had wanted to try from watching the Disney food blog, the churro goes a bit hard but it's still nice, you have to eat it quickly though! It would be impossible to eat on the go, some sort of cutlery and a huge wad of paper napkins is definitely required.

Challenged John to another round on buzz, where true to form I failed to beat him again. I have certainly perfected the art of looking completely gormless now.

The sun was just starting to go down now so we wandered over to the Tangled area to wait for the lantern photo queue to start. As it started to get dark the queue very quickly formed as people hanging around in strategic areas! We were in no rush so joined the back of the queue which had snaked back towards Columbia Harbour House.
Two American ladies asked us what we where queuing for, we replied saying it was for the Lantern photo, their reply...

Oh, you're British, you British just love a queue, if you see a queue you join it, are you sure it's for the lanterns? 😊

We then got chatting to a guy from Brisbane who was in line with his little boy whilst mum and 2 daughters were on the carousel. We think we have a long flight from the uk! 20 hours! And with three young kids, kudos to them all.

The queue was worth it! I love these photos ❤️.

All in all, a pretty perfect day, we left the park just before 9 to beat the crowds, with 18,847 steps under our belts we were pretty exhausted, usual routine tonight, home coffee then instant sleep.

Thanks for reading 😀

Old 16 Oct 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Chloeoeysmum - 16 Oct 19 12:55 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List