Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Oct 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by Mo&Chris View Post
And I said the same thing at 16, too - 30 years later, and very much with someone special, we are both happily childfree. If you're old enough at 16 to decide you want children, then you're old enough to decide you don't.

General PSA: If someone decides they don't want kids, whatever their age or the reason, please respect that, please don't tell them they don't mean it and will change their mind.

/Mo
Yup, 25 and pretty sure I don't want kids. I'm glad there's less pressure now.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Our daughter is 35, in a great relationship and doesn’t want children. I get really cross when people say ‘she’ll change her mind’.
Mainly because 1.How do you know? and 2.It’s nobody’s business whether she chooses to or not.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
Our daughter is 35, in a great relationship and doesn’t want children. I get really cross when people say ‘she’ll change her mind’.
Mainly because 1.How do you know? and 2.It’s nobody’s business whether she chooses to or not.
Also, it implies that the "correct" or "default" option is to have kids. There is no right or wrong option. All that matters is that both people in the relationship are happy with their choice, whatever that may be.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

I work in maternity and not a week goes by I don't care for new families who have children late on after vowing not to have children. Some are very honest and talk about why they changed their minds, and some just felt it physically. Some are in their late 40's, and a few even older... and those are the lucky ones who managed to conceive so there must be many more who cant. I'm not saying everyone changes their minds because of course I only meet those who do. But at such a young age I wouldn't add much significance to it, just accept that's how they feel now and respect it.

Edited at 04:20 PM.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

OP. I read Gompertz review of Lungs this morning and thought of this thread.

Our kids are not alone.

BBC News - Will Gompertz reviews Lungs starring Matt Smith and Claire Foy ★★★★☆
bbc/news/entertainment-arts-50184865
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by claireyfairy8 View Post
It amazes me that a 16 year old is concerned with this to the point she is considering decisions like not having a family.

I don't believe that commercial flights are really the problem. The focus should be on those taking private jets on a whim etc.
I'm interested in this view (about private jets) and this question isn't specifically aimed at you clairefaury

If they were to resurrect Concorde and it was possible to fly- at a price you could afford- to orlando in 4 hours would you go on that ?

I know technically this wouldn't be possible

BB