Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Oct 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile Are the Swan and Dolphin the same hotel?

Are the Swan and Dolphin the same hotel? I have booked the dolphin as was slightly cheaper but do the hotel share everything ? Am I right in saying it’s just the rooms that are different?
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

The are 2 separate hotels, the Dolphin is owned by Sheraton & the Swan is owned by Westin. however they do share facilities.

Edited at 04:05 PM.
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia Organa
Excited about Disney

They are considered one resort. We stayed at the Swan. They are in a great location. The pools and leisure activities are shared. You get a daily recreational activity schedule that details activities at both hotels. We used dining at both hotels.
Leia Organa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere

Mobile

Originally Posted by Leia Organa View Post
They are considered one resort. We stayed at the Swan. They are in a great location. The pools and leisure activities are shared. You get a daily recreational activity schedule that details activities at both hotels. We used dining at both hotels.
So if I’m staying at the Dolphin can I use the swans restaurants etc ?
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mikeishere View Post
anyone can use the restaurants at either hotel you dont need to be staying at either. so yep!

So it doesn't really matter which you book. I prefer the lobby and decoration of the dolphin but others prefer the swan

Either way though, the swolphin is great
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia Organa
Excited about Disney

Yes they are open to anyone. There are some really good restaurants at the Swan and Dolphin. The Garden Grove's weekend character buffet was the best character dining we've done. I also enjoyed Bluezoo if you want a fancier dining experience.
Leia Organa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere

Mobile

Are the hotels attached to each other then or you have to walk to different buildings if I wanted to use something in the swan?
Old 19 Oct 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Are the hotels attached to each other then or you have to walk to different buildings if I wanted to use something in the swan?
Two separate buildings with a canopied walkway between them
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Dunc
Very Serious Dibber

I've stayed at both, but prefer the Dolphin, because of the access to Picabu, which is a 24 hour eatery on the ground floor. It doesn't do hot food at night, but they do pre-packaged sandwiches and salads and it's a godsend if you're up at 5 with jetlag. They also do a length of stay refillable mug for under $20 which can be used there and at a couple of other places at both hotels. The distance of the connecting walkway is about 200 metres.
Dunc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
From Google Maps:

Dolphin is the building at the top half of the picture and Swan is the building at the bottom-right. As mentioned there's about a 200m gap from one to the other.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List