Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Oct 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My husband always says to me if you get a bad experience you're more likely to post about it than if everything was to go smoothly. We've been to Florida 8 times now (I think), never a problem. I do admit to being a tad apprehensive as we approach the guys in the booth but over the years their attitude has been mixed, from stern steely face to having a joke with us. I worry more about the plane falling out of the sky tbh
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

The weeks leading up to a big trip can be stressful It's about the money spent and expectations I guess.
Next year we are doing a budget trip, under 1k per person as mostly non parks and budget flights/ accommodation. I'm thinking I'll feel more laid back (hopefully).
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
seems appropriate for this thread

Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

For us the scariest bit is always at the airport security screening both here and the USA. There are only so many times you can be picked out for extra screening before it starts feeling both deliberate and insulting. As a family who has never been in trouble with the police it’s very unsettling to find yourself undergoing such treatment. Entering the USA isn’t the issue really it’s the extra screening and unpleasant comments at the body scanners we can do without both entering and exiting the country. We can get the booking done Estas done etc without issues.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Whoever gets the money for ESTAS has done very well out of these threads, the number of people renewing new ESTAS and getting them one year in advance so technically they only last one year is eye watering.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
I think a lot of the “stress” involved with a WDW holiday is forum induced.
You will read about a case where there was an ESTA issue at the airport, remember that was one in the hundreds and thousand of others Thayer had no problems.
You get your stomach all tied in knots because you have read that someone couldn’t log on for fast passes at sixty days. again it one instance.

Before long, after reading all these you are thinking it’s the norm when it’s not.
I’ll say that one of the best WDW holidays we had was a total last minute job, booked on a Wednesday night, flew Friday morning, bo plan at all. We just went with the flow, so much more relaxing. Just decided over breakfast where we were going for that day.
I agree - in fact I'd say that 99.99999% of it is forum induced. People need to ignore all the negativity and just get on with it. I was chatting to some people on a WDW FB group last night. Someone asked if there was a UK forum outside FB and a UK visitor said she used to come on here but she was fed up of the fact that it concentrated on the negativity than the positivity. That particular FB group is delightful.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

I’m quite a stressy person, but I find that booking and organising a Disney holiday is fun, not stressful. I think it’s because I have done it a few times and know what I am doing and when.

The stuff that I learn from the Dibb helps as I plan plan plan and so far haven’t had any nasty surprises. (Touch wood!)

Just little things like periodically checking in on my estas and getting top notch travel insurance should anything happen makes all the difference.

We are setting off on a mini cruise tomorrow and I’m far more worried about that as it’s a total unknown to me!

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
yetihunter
Getting Excited

Mobile

I don't find the planning part of Disney or parks etc stressful. In fact our upcoming trip is a no park visit. For me I love the booking part, finding a nice villa etc. The bit that stresses me so much is the check in on the UK side and the immigration on the USA side. We are squeaky clean but it just gets me!
Hamlet Reserve May 18, Split Stay May 17(PORS),Sunridge Woods May 16,West Haven Jan 16,Sunridge Woods Jan 15,West Haven Jan 14. POFQ Jan 13. Hilton LBV Sep 11. SSR Sep 2010. Hilton GVC,Seaworld Sep 09. Sequoia Lodge, DLP Dec 08. Royal Plaza, Downtown Disney Jul 08. Disneyland, CA Jun 08, Int Drive 07, Int Drive 06, DLP 05, West Coast Honeymoon Jul 04, Int Drive Jan 04[/COLOR][/SIZE]
yetihunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List