Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
US Rent A Car
Unread 10 Jan 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
KDH1987
Helping Minnie

KDH1987's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thank you for putting this up as I never thought of this advice to give people as we are fairly new to this so it will make a huge difference when people are worried they can check that all is legit and that should help put peoples mind at ease . Well done for helping the poor lady. And us newbies .

Luxury vacation home with a conservation view in the gated community of Cumbrian Lakes. 6-bed 4-bath, private pool and games room.

Click here to see our Dibb advert

Email us for further assistance: email
KDH1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our new home!
Unread 17 Jan 18, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
amcc
Trying for More Ears

amcc's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
hi I was wondering if somebody could give me some help with booking a villa, I have seen one advertised on The Dibb, it has the owners name but they have a collective licence under their management company, can I still carry out these checks? I haven't yet booked. The villa is is Davenport.
thanks
amcc is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Excited to be going back!
Unread 17 Jan 18, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Originally Posted by amcc View Post
hi I was wondering if somebody could give me some help with booking a villa, I have seen one advertised on The Dibb, it has the owners name but they have a collective licence under their management company, can I still carry out these checks? I haven't yet booked. The villa is is Davenport.
thanks
The license confirms that the villa is registered for short term rentals and meets all the criteria set for such properties. Some are licensed as part of a collective license covering all of the properties managed by a particular MC and this is nothing to worry about.

You will still be able to carry out checks for up to date taxes as these will be in the owners name. You didn't mention the specific community name, but if this villa has an address in Davenport, you will most likely need the Polk County links.

Please be aware that property tax bills are sent to owners in November and they have until the end of March the following year to pay. If the records currently show taxes outstanding, then again this is nothing to worry about, as long as they only relate to the most recent bill.

Debra
Contemporary 5* Luxury villa on Highlands Reserve Championship golf course, 5-bed 3-bath, SW facing pool & spa, huge gas BBQ & open views over golf course. Safe 10 minute walk to Berry Town Center.

Click HERE to see our Dibb advert
Click HERE to read over 40 fantastic Dibb reviews

State License No: DWE6310701

Edited at 11:40 PM.
Tetrarch is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Pool Refurbishment Project
Unread 17 Jan 18, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
amcc
Trying for More Ears

amcc's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
The license confirms that the villa is registered for short term rentals and meets all the criteria set for such properties. Some are licensed as part of a collective license covering all of the properties managed by a particular MC and this is nothing to worry about.

You will still be able to carry out checks for up to date taxes as these will be in the owners name. You didn't mention the specific community name, but if this villa has an address in Davenport, you will most likely need the Polk County links.

Please be aware that property tax bills are sent to owners in November and they have until the end of March the following year to pay. If the records currently show taxes outstanding, then again this is nothing to worry about, as long as they only relate to the most recent bill.

Debra
Thank you, i did do a search on polk, but couldn't find anything, maybe (most probably) im doing something wrong?!
amcc is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Excited to be going back!
Unread 17 Jan 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Originally Posted by amcc View Post
Thank you, i did do a search on polk, but couldn't find anything, maybe (most probably) im doing something wrong?!
Are you using the owners name or an address? If the former, make sure you input surname followed by first name.

Alternatively, maybe the owners hold the villa in the name of a company which I have seen before. In this instance, it would be easier to use the villa address.

Debra
Contemporary 5* Luxury villa on Highlands Reserve Championship golf course, 5-bed 3-bath, SW facing pool & spa, huge gas BBQ & open views over golf course. Safe 10 minute walk to Berry Town Center.

Click HERE to see our Dibb advert
Click HERE to read over 40 fantastic Dibb reviews

State License No: DWE6310701
Tetrarch is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Pool Refurbishment Project
Unread 31 Jan 18, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Hi, I did checks last year when I first booked my villa but was just going to look again now before I pay the balance and I'm struggling, I think the site has changed a bit, can anyone help, its the Osceola one. I did the second link (at the v beginning of this thread) and that brought up the owner and it seemed to suggest no taxes were due but didn't show any amounts paid, I'm sure it used to?

Please help!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May 2018!
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time with QSDP, CSR here we come!
Unread 31 Jan 18, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

If you do the public search on Osceola clerk page and do the owners name and nothing comes up?

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May 2018!
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time with QSDP, CSR here we come!