Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 13 Jul 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
The Matelot
I have Ears

Mobile First Timer plan

Hi there, first time visiting Disney next Jan/Feb. Staying at Old Key West for 12 nights followed by a week at a villa at Windsor Hills. We are on the DDP, this is my first attempt at an itinerary for a family of 4(kids 9&7) before our ADR window opens and would be interested in your thoughts. I have tried to mix up early starts/late nights making sure we get to see all parks at opening and closing.

Day 1

Animal Kingdom - Rope drop until mid afternoon. Lunch at Tiffins.

Day 2

Magic Kingdom - Rope drop until afternoon parades. Lunch at Crystal Palace.

Day 3

Hollywood Studios - Rope drop until early afternoon and return for evening. Lunch at Sci-fi fine in.

Day 4

Morning at hotel followed by Blizzard Beach.

Day 5

Magic Kingdom - Rope drop until lunch. Hotel then return to MK for evening. Lunch at Jungle Navigation Co.

Day 6

Epcot - easy morning then park from lunchtime until late. Dinner at Via Napoli.

Day 7

Animal Kingdom - easy morning then park from lunchtime until late. Dinner at Yak & Yeti.

Day 8

Easy morning then Disney Springs from lunch.

Day 9

Magic Kingdom - Rope drop until lunch. Return in evening for CRT.

Day 10

Epcot - Rope drop until late afternoon. Disney Springs evening for dinner. Dinner at T-Rex.

Day 11

Hollywood Studios - Rope drop until late afternoon. Disney Boardwalk for dinner. Dinner at Frying Fish.

Day 12

Checkout - Blizzard Beach? then car hire to villa.

We intend to have breakfast in the room each morning and will have a list of preferred QS options for each day depending on where we are at the time.

We aren't making any plans for the villa week as intend to mainly relax but will fit in an outlets shopping day and hopefully an Orlando Magic game.

Many Thanks.
The Matelot is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Spike1911
Excited about Disney

Top tip. Go to the park with the early morning extra magic hours but then move onto another park before lunch and ideally pick the park that had magic hours the day before.Parks with extra magic are always busier for rest of the day.
Spike1911 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
The Matelot
I have Ears

Mobile

Thanks for the tip Spike1911.

How far in advance are EMH announced?

From what I have read there isn't really a quiet period at Disney anymore, but would it still be necessary to use this strategy in late Jan / early Feb?
The Matelot is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Looks like a good plan. Have an alternative park planned in case it's too chilly on your BB day.
We found that it was only really hot enough for water parks between 11am and 3pm most days, as the mornings take a little while to warm up and the evenings can get abit nippy.
However, the weather is perfect for visiting theme parks, as it's not too hot and usually dry.
There's also usually cheerleader conventions in early Feb, so there may be large groups of brightly coloured tshirt & backpack wearing kids around.

EMH are normally on the Dibb park hours, around 7 months in advance.

It's also great weather for seeing Alligators and Manatees, so we had a fab airboat ride with Spirit of the Swamp, and took a drive to the Tampa Power Station where the manatees gather in the warmer waters.

Have a great trip!

Edited at 07:44 AM.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
The Matelot
I have Ears

Mobile

Thanks for the tips Mortimer.

Had a look at the park hours there and might need to re-jig some of the days around to avoid least recommended days but stick to the same strategy.

I thought I was well organised but planning a Disney holiday is on another level!