Notices
General Chat
Any ideas? Lump on finger

12 Oct 19, 04:28 PM
    Ellelledee
    Imagineer
    Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • Any ideas what this lump is on my finger? I first really noticed it in Florida 2 weeks ago - I thought Iíd been bitten. Itís not exactly sore but it sometimes is a little bit sore and red but I think that is because Iím aware of it and keep touching it. Someone told me to go to the doctors but Iím not really inclined to go to the doctors unless I really have to and I feel like Iím wasting a doctors time with just s little lump on my finger. But I just keep thinking what can it be?
    I do have a bit of a lump on the knuckle of my thumb and so I partly wonder if it could the stars of arthritis or something.
    (Please ignore my nails Iím having them done Wednesday 😂😂. )
    First ever onsite - HRH/Caribbean Beach
    12 Oct 19, 04:32 PM
    sully301
    VIP Dibber
    sully301 is online now Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List ✓Premium Member
  • can't see anything...
    30/50/50 tour
    12 Oct 19, 04:52 PM
    Jakey Neverland
    Imagineer
    Jakey Neverland is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • Pic hasn't loaded x
    5 years later we finally go back Florida
    12 Oct 19, 05:40 PM
    Ellelledee
    Imagineer
    Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List Thread Starter
  • Sorry I am so rubbish at uploading pics on here
    12 Oct 19, 05:50 PM
    ROBBOTOO
    Imagineer
    ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • Could be a ganglion perhaps.
    12 Oct 19, 05:53 PM
    ASheppard
    Proud to wear my Ears
    ASheppard is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • Iíve had the same (still got them) on 4 fingers. I think mine are arthritis but Iím no expert! I did ask my doctor and he didnít know either.
    12 Oct 19, 05:57 PM
    Posiesmum
    VIP Dibber
    Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List ✓Premium Member
  • If it is arthritis you do need to get it diagnosed and start some treatment. If left the joints can degenerate and become damaged. My arthritis started in exactly the same way.
    Florida for Christmas
    12 Oct 19, 06:02 PM
    Scotsmomma
    Add Member to Ignore List
  • Mine is similar and was diagnosed with gout a few years ago,mine always flares up on holiday,I have it now.
    12 Oct 19, 06:25 PM
    NikNak
    Excited about Disney
    NikNak is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List
  • I have swelling like that on the same joint of one of my fingers. My GP referred me to Rheumatology and I had an appointment on Monday and they confirmed I have Psoriatic Arthritis (I have had really bad psoriasis for years). It's not bothering me much at all at the moment however I am pregnant now and my psoriasis has improved greatly too so they're going to leave things as they are until baby is here and review things then. If it is some kind of arthritis it's best to get it checked sooner rather than later in case any damage is being caused to the bone (that's what my GP told me anyway!).
    Baby's First Trip?
  • 12 Oct 19, 06:32 PM
    Ellelledee
    Imagineer
    Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Add Member to Ignore List Thread Starter
  • Quote ASheppard
    Iíve had the same (still got them) on 4 fingers. I think mine are arthritis but Iím no expert! I did ask my doctor and he didnít know either.
    The thing is I hate going to the docs anyway and I have had at times where Iíll feel a sudden pricking sensation n then it swells and there is a bruise at the joint. I asked a chemist who said better to see a doctor but when I asked my doctor he had no idea.
    The lump on my thumb - itís just on the thumb joint, itís just odd shaped. Itís never been overly sore and this one on this finger it was sore on holiday but more like the skin was sore like when you get a paper cut thatís why I thought it was a bite.
    I just looked at gout and it said re red meat and alcohol and sugary things but I donít eat any red meat at all, I donít drink and Iím not a fan of sugary foods or snacks so what wouldíve made it flare up on holiday? I wondered re vanilla latte - I had 1 every day in the hotel Starbucks but I have 1 a day of the ready made ones at home.
DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now