Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Oct 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile Any ideas? Lump on finger

Any ideas what this lump is on my finger? I first really noticed it in Florida 2 weeks ago - I thought I’d been bitten. It’s not exactly sore but it sometimes is a little bit sore and red but I think that is because I’m aware of it and keep touching it. Someone told me to go to the doctors but I’m not really inclined to go to the doctors unless I really have to and I feel like I’m wasting a doctors time with just s little lump on my finger. But I just keep thinking what can it be?
I do have a bit of a lump on the knuckle of my thumb and so I partly wonder if it could the stars of arthritis or something.
(Please ignore my nails I’m having them done Wednesday 😂😂. )
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

can't see anything...
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Pic hasn't loaded x
Old 12 Oct 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry I am so rubbish at uploading pics on here
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

Could be a ganglion perhaps.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ASheppard
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I’ve had the same (still got them) on 4 fingers. I think mine are arthritis but I’m no expert! I did ask my doctor and he didn’t know either.
ASheppard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
If it is arthritis you do need to get it diagnosed and start some treatment. If left the joints can degenerate and become damaged. My arthritis started in exactly the same way.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Mine is similar and was diagnosed with gout a few years ago,mine always flares up on holiday,I have it now.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
NikNak
Excited about Disney

I have swelling like that on the same joint of one of my fingers. My GP referred me to Rheumatology and I had an appointment on Monday and they confirmed I have Psoriatic Arthritis (I have had really bad psoriasis for years). It's not bothering me much at all at the moment however I am pregnant now and my psoriasis has improved greatly too so they're going to leave things as they are until baby is here and review things then. If it is some kind of arthritis it's best to get it checked sooner rather than later in case any damage is being caused to the bone (that's what my GP told me anyway!).
Old 12 Oct 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ASheppard View Post
I’ve had the same (still got them) on 4 fingers. I think mine are arthritis but I’m no expert! I did ask my doctor and he didn’t know either.
The thing is I hate going to the docs anyway and I have had at times where I’ll feel a sudden pricking sensation n then it swells and there is a bruise at the joint. I asked a chemist who said better to see a doctor but when I asked my doctor he had no idea.
The lump on my thumb - it’s just on the thumb joint, it’s just odd shaped. It’s never been overly sore and this one on this finger it was sore on holiday but more like the skin was sore like when you get a paper cut that’s why I thought it was a bite.
I just looked at gout and it said re red meat and alcohol and sugary things but I don’t eat any red meat at all, I don’t drink and I’m not a fan of sugary foods or snacks so what would’ve made it flare up on holiday? I wondered re vanilla latte - I had 1 every day in the hotel Starbucks but I have 1 a day of the ready made ones at home.