Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Oct 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Free Additional Driver BA Exec Club?

Hi i have booked car hire with BA which includes free add driver as exec club benefit.
I forgot at time of booking to add their name etc.

Tried ringing BA but kept getting cut off

Can you add the driver on when collecting car?

Thanks
Old 16 Oct 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

I believe they just need to show their driving licence when you collect the car
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Yes you do it when you pick the car up.
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Mobile

If the hire is with avis and the additional driver is your partner, they are covered free of charge as standard with Avis USA and you don't need to show their license at the booth.
Old 17 Oct 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lalilu
slightly serious Dibber

[QUOTE=thatdavieguy;14129462]If the hire is with avis and the additional driver is your partner, they are covered free of charge as standard with Avis USA and you don't need to show their license at the booth.[/QUOTE

If the additional driver is my daughter will I have to pay extra? Thanks
Lalilu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lalilu View Post
If the additional driver is my daughter will I have to pay extra? Thanks
They only cover the spouse or partner free without ID at the booth as per their rental T&C's, anyone else would need to be paid for unless your rental includes a free additional driver (bookings via BA as an executive club member), however, they need to be aged 30 or over.

Edited at 07:13 PM.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
They only cover the spouse or partner free without ID at the booth as per their rental T&C's, anyone else would need to be paid for unless your rental includes a free additional driver (bookings via BA as an executive club member), however, they need to be aged 30 or over.
Not sure what you mean by "spouse or partner free without ID at the booth". A typo?

To clarify spouses are covered for the rental automaticlly and no driving licence/credit card needs to be shown and the booth does not need to be told.

Additional drivers need to be over 25, but some of the higher vehicle groups are over 30 (which may only be lead driver - Haven't tested that one yet).
BA asks if the main driver over 30, so that it does not show cars that are for over 30's only. And if you untick it, it only shows cars that can be driven by under 30's AND it only allows the main driver to be under 30!

Got caught by this once and in the booking process it would only let my DD be the main driver as it checked on the DoB input on the bookings. So I went with it, forgetting that my DW would not be covered for free, as only one of us could be the free driver.

I normally take lead, DW automatically covered and DD as BA free additional driver, when using AVIS.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I thought if you had Avis Preferred, then a partner can be added to the booking.
And if you have BA Executive membership, then you can add anyone else.

My friend was the main driver on the account, but I got added to the care hire at the booth in the garage when we arrived. I had to show my driving licence and credit card.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
I thought if you had Avis Preferred, then a partner can be added to the booking.
And if you have BA Executive membership, then you can add anyone else.

My friend was the main driver on the account, but I got added to the care hire at the booth in the garage when we arrived. I had to show my driving licence and credit card.
Nearly.

Any AVIS booking in Florida includes spouse/life long partner is covered regardless. You do not need to belong to any club (Preferred or BA).
No need to be added to agreeement.

BA exec club gets additional driver for free if booked through BA. They must show Driving licence and credit card. They are added to the agreement. You do not need to be a member of AVIS Preferred, just BA Exec club.

Normal AVIS prefered gives nothing on extra drivers, but skip desk.
So all good to have, but not all necessary depending on needs.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List