Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Oct 19, 03:58 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
OP is Alamo not Dollar. OP with Alamo we never pay now, just drive through all the time as it only costs a few quid a day we can't be bothered stopping and fussing with change etc. Just keep doing it! In fact I don't think I got charged last time will check.
Edit just checked we got charged £12 total. We went through quite a lot (can't remember exactly but drove Sanford to Universal, then Indian Shores, then down past Naples, over Alligator Alley to Miami, in Miami then eventually back to Orlando then Sanford).
I was commenting on Gavvys post not the OPs

I too use Alamos toll system and have dome for the past few years. As you say it’s worth it to save stopping starting at tolls, hunting for coins, missing a toll etc. Great value in my opinion.
I may try the visitor tollpass next time, but this year we were into Sanford, so no chance of using it this year.

Nice road trip BTW

Edited at 03:59 AM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
I was commenting on Gavvys post not the OPs

I too use Alamos toll system and have dome for the past few years. As you say it’s worth it to save stopping starting at tolls, hunting for coins, missing a toll etc. Great value in my opinion.
I may try the visitor tollpass next time, but this year we were into Sanford, so no chance of using it this year.

Nice road trip BTW
Sorry thought you were referring to OP. Dollar isn’t great is it on the tolls, I won’t use them nowadays.
I have visitor toll-pass booked for Xmas. Hopefully it’ll be good.
Yes the trip this year we stayed in Indian Shores, then had to get to Miami for a cruise.
Next summer I’m doing trans USA, albeit flying on the Vegas to New Orleans but but driving the rest. Starting in LA and ending in WDW. Unfortunately will not visit any new states, I’m trying to do them all, done 26 so far. It’s the middle ones that are tough.