Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Oct 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

I always use Alamo as I like their service and have always had no issues. This year as I usually do I asked for, and got, the Fuel Service Option as I left the garage. Returned the car empty (or close to) and got my receipt which showed the FSO.

On return I found that I had been charged to refuel the car, ie as if I did not have FSO. Just a bit peeved! So email Alamo through the US website Contact Us page and 24 hours later the fee had been repayed.

So worth contacting them.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
well, first of all you binned your receipt ... lesson learned for next time, always keep it.
what's troubling me about your story is that you say you paid $25 at the pump, only cost $17 or so, and you still got a receipt for the $25 ... didn't you go back in for your change ?

that receipt thing sound odd, but, well...

next, you should always check your recepit when returning the car (as well as when picking it up)

Mr Tom has worn his fingers off to the bone, typing that advice so often on his keyboard...

Car hire are a thing where it's so easy to get scammed, or overcharged, that it's the place where you need to take your time, hit pause and check everything, before going to fast forward again

next time you'll know, and those reading this will also know
I has station gave me a receipt for the $25 and I returned for the change when it fint cost me that much, I didn't think to get another receipt and I will be honest I font usually get one at all. I also realise that I should have checked my Alamo receipt before I walked away but didn't as I have never had any issues before. I plan to email but know I will just have to put it down to experience if I get no joy. My own fault for making assumptions and not checking. Wont make that mistake again.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MENTALMUM
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by tiggers friend View Post
I always use Alamo as I like their service and have always had no issues. This year as I usually do I asked for, and got, the Fuel Service Option as I left the garage. Returned the car empty (or close to) and got my receipt which showed the FSO.

On return I found that I had been charged to refuel the car, ie as if I did not have FSO. Just a bit peeved! So email Alamo through the US website Contact Us page and 24 hours later the fee had been repayed.

So worth contacting them.
Hi tiggers friend, thanks for your advice, i emailed them and they have refunded the money they billed for fuel, will definitely make sure I check in future.
MENTALMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
wightone
Helping Donald

Hi, email them and query/complain about it, I had to complain a few years ago after Alamo charged us for extra insurance that I had said no to at the counter, hadn't realised until we got home and it came through on my statement, I emailed them and complained and within a couple of days a refund appeared in my account and an apology email. You have nothing to lose by trying.
wightone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MENTALMUM View Post
Hi tiggers friend, thanks for your advice, i emailed them and they have refunded the money they billed for fuel, will definitely make sure I check in future.
Glad you got it sorted, and all for an email.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List