Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Our Christmas village

Apologies for the shameless showing off but here are a few pics of our Christmas village. We're quite proud of it but obviously it won't be to everyone's taste: it isn't all to the same scale and it isn't exactly 'proper', there are plenty of people in summer clothes etc. The picture quality also isn't that great as I just took them with my phone.

First picture is the overall scene

We have our deli corner model and also an emergency services community choir:

Close up of the town square. Really wanted a white baseboard but I couldn't get one. The kids are toasting marshmallows over the fire:

Some people enjoying the food and drinks from the Christmas market. The guy holding the tray is the minifigure I made of my husband in Legoland Germany this year. Sadly my youngest ds seems to have lost the minifigures of himself and me so currently we don't appear in the Christmas scene.

Some of the food stalls in the market. Cake stall, hot food and more cakes. The big gap in the back of this picture is meant to hold the Xmas tree from the winter village toy shop that we bought but haven't made, but see the note at the end about that.

Various kids playing and winter sports going on here. And the council workers ready to shovel snow.

House that we built. Made the garden from a little valentine's picnic set I bought in Feb. It's a bit summery but never mind!

A little close up of a very proud boy whose mum is taking a picture of him beside his snow man!

This is an evolving scene, it can be played with, moved, added to etc. I have bought the winter village toy shop which we were going to build and add to it but I can't decide whether to or not now. The scene is already quite full and I have bought these mini sets as a surprise for the boys this weekend

So I'm not sure whether to build it, keep it for next year or keep it for next year and see if I can sell it to add some funds to our next wdw trip.

I hope you like our scene and bear in mind that it's meant to be fun rather than professional 😀

Edited at 11:11 AM.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Wow the picture quality is really shabby! I will try and take some better pictures soon with a proper camera!
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Pictures aren't bad at all, don't beat yourself up.
Very good, my you have some figures. There must be dozens and dozens of them.
Go for it, build the last model it will look nice.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Pictures aren't bad at all, don't beat yourself up.
Very good, my you have some figures. There must be dozens and dozens of them.
Go for it, build the last model it will look nice.
Thank you for the compliments! Yes, we have a lot of minifigures 😱 Youngest ds loves them and we have a habit of doing the make your own ones if we're in legland or a Lego shop.
Old 30 Nov 17, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Such a lovely pastime with your children, plus the photos. They’ll remember it for years.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 17, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

I love this, what a lovely family thing to do at xmas, i love the choir and the snowman.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List