Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 Aug 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
These were all the snacks we bought onsite and have to eat now or take home.

I weighed them and they were about 3.5kg 😂

Been offsite a few days now. Had a lazy weekend with a few trips to Publix and Walmart and Blizzard Beach followed by Outback Sunday eve.

Saturday we snacked and had Publix fried chicken in the evening with Texas toast.

Shopping receipts and some of the items we bought...

Dinner at Outback Formosa. We like the Bloomin onion here and I love the French Onion Soup. DH had a ribeye but found it a bit plain and boring and I think it was probably cooked more medium well than medium. DD had the kids steak and I had the 6oz sirloin and had the French onion soup as 1 of my sides. Think this was a dollar extra and works out cheaper than ordering the soup separately. French onion isn't listed as one of the sides you can have but I've done this for years with no problems.
DD and I really enjoyed ours.

I had $5 off on an offer I received by email.

Back at the villa DD had some ice cream.

Monday 26th August
We were up early and out to Animal Kingdom. I forgot my magicband so that was the first expense of the day! DD had cereal, DH coffee and I had a Frosties bar. We took some Lays, fruit and drinks with us to the parks and left a coolbag in the boot with extra drinks and frozen water.

Lunch for DD and I was at Yak and Yeti quick service. We ordered 1 large Chicken fried rice to share and asked for an extra plate and iced water. This was good and a large rice is probably.double the size of the smaller one but only $1 more. $5.60 including tax.

DH and I ate some Raspberries. 99c on offer at Publix.

DH then got some seasoned fries from Mr Kamals. He said these were good. $5.99 plus tax.

We went to Hollywood Studios late afternoon. It was so hot so we headed to Backlot Express for some shade and food. DH had a burger and fries with a beer. DD had the kids chicken tenders with fries and Dasani and I had adult chicken tenders. I struggled to eat it all and DD and I should have maybe shared.
Not sure where my receipt is but DH thinks it was about $41.

I had wanted to get another funnel cake later but this didn't happen as we got caught in the massive thunderstorm. We managed to make it back to the villa where DD had texas toast and beans (which we brought from home), I had some cake and DH had coffee.

Edited at 04:04 PM.
Orlando 2004 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Just binge read and now I am Disney hungry great food report I hope we get to go again as there are some things that I haven't tried already on my list
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

Tuesday 27th
Breakfast at the villa before going to Blizzard beach.
Lunch was at Five Guys at Celebration Place. We all enjoy Fice Guys and sometimes go to the one in Bristol. This was good and the branch seemed clean and was in a nice area. We had 2 large drinks, 2 cheeseburgers, a little hamburger and a large fries. Haven't got receipt but think it was about $35.

We went to Cypress Grove, the Outlets and Disney Springs then ate at the villa in the evening. DD had a lasagne with Texas toast. She enjoys this and actually had the same for her Christmas dinner on our Christmas trip.

DH and I had Panera Bread. We had the soup a couple of times at Christmas and it's a nice change from Burgers, Chicken tenders etc. We both did the pick 2 menu this time. DH opted for Chipotle Chicken Avocado sandwich and French Onion soup and I had a Steak and White Cheddar sandwich and French Onion soup. DH enjoyed his and I enjoyed my soup but wasn't so keen on my sandwich as it had onions in that seemed to be pickled. The soup came with French Bread.
Panera food was $23.39

Old 28 Aug 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Great report. Might try Lotus Blossom Cafe next year. DS is a picky eater but I could ask for rice separate just in case didn't like the orange chicken
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

That Publix chicken looks fantastic, much nicer than KFC in the USA which is a greasy mess.

The seasoned fries in AK look really nice, I may add them to our snack list!

Panera looks great and good value too, love the sound of Pick 2, I’ve always wanted to try but feel overwhelmed by the choice!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm enjoying following along ☺️ impressive snack haul! My bf usually uses out snacks on Starbucks so we don't have tonnes to bring back
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Just binge read and now I am Disney hungry great food report I hope we get to go again as there are some things that I haven't tried already on my list
Thanks, I read your food report and thought I'd give it a go.
Old 29 Aug 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Noodle500 View Post
Great report. Might try Lotus Blossom Cafe next year. DS is a picky eater but I could ask for rice separate just in case didn't like the orange chicken
Sounds like a good idea.
Old 29 Aug 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
That Publix chicken looks fantastic, much nicer than KFC in the USA which is a greasy mess.

The seasoned fries in AK look really nice, I may add them to our snack list!

Panera looks great and good value too, love the sound of Pick 2, I’ve always wanted to try but feel overwhelmed by the choice!
Definitely nicer than KFC
Nice and Crispy.
Old 29 Aug 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
I'm enjoying following along ☺️ impressive snack haul! My bf usually uses out snacks on Starbucks so we don't have tonnes to bring back
DH obviously didn't have enough Starbucks.