Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 28 Sep 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Day trip to Clearwater

We haven’t been to Clearwater since our first trip in 2008 so we are planning a day there next month if the weather is good, just after any tips for a day trip, how long is the drive, where to park, eat, etc, also would like to do the seascreamer so any tips on that would be good😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Anybody?😀
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

We did a day trip last year, planned to do Little Toot but it was fully booked when we got there, so my advice would be pre-book.

Edited at 11:44 PM.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for reply, I have though about pre booking the boat trip but I am unsure incase the weather isn’t great and we can’t go
Old 2 Oct 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

we go to clearwater every time we go, love it there defo my favorite beach it's so nice! this was the first time we did the sea screamer and its great fun, saw lots of dolphins and they chase the boat along in the wake!
usually takes about 90mins or so depending where you are staying and how close it is to the I4. The roads can get pretty busy round tTampa depending on the time of day.
We park at Avalon Street, a couple of blocks from the pier as its quieter and also $1.25 / hr so pretty cheap.
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post

We tend to stay overnight. Out for the day, cheap overnight hotel and back the next day via Busch. We would be going anyway and it saves a drive.

We also pre-book seacreamer. I have found it tends to go out in weather that little toot will not. Not saying there is no risk of cancellation, just slightly less. I think you can get your money back if you can't go out though - never had to put it to the test.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Right beside the seascreamer is a car park...the guys at the seascreamer will validate you ticket for $4 for 4 hours if you ask them
We done the seacscreamer then went into Crabbys next to it for lunch...terrific, really enjoyed it...food was lovely and view from upstairs was great, they also validate your parking

We then went along the beach for a few hours before heading back to the villa
Great day out
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarentino
slightly serious Dibber

We got a Groupon this year for Florida Dolphin Tours. It was a bargain (in my opinion) & included lunch.

I honestly don't see us driving down again, it was so much more relaxed on the bus & it meant we could both have a drink without having to worry about driving back.
Clarentino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for replies everyone, great info😀
Old 3 Oct 19, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Lumiere
Trying for More Ears

We went for the first time a few weeks ago, we just went for the day and wished we had booked to stay overnight in the end.
If I were to do it as a day trip again, I wouldn't set off until well into the evening, the traffic was horrendous around Tampa!
Lumiere is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List