Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 8 Oct 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Mobile

BWV - pool view 4th floor behind the clown this time

BLT 2 bed dedicated lake view 16 floor.

BCV 4th floor pool view

Copper Creek Cabin

Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
I have deleted all the lousy view photos but we have had quite a few, I think arriving late from the UK leaves us with the rooms others dont want, it's often dark when we arrive in October so we don't really see the view until we have unpacked!

CC in Feb we asked for close to the lobby and high floor, had a lovely view of the loading bay and the road and it was noisy. Luckily only there for a couple of nights for a RunDisney weekend, if we had been planning to spend much time in the room I would have asked to be moved.

Before the introduction of Preferred at SSR we requested Congress Park, we got a studio that was pitch black as it was on the furthest building from Disney Springs facing sidewards behind massive tree! Every room we have had in Paddocks has been a lovely view of the lake.

OKW we had building 51, dead bird on the patio and a nice fly infested bit of stagnant water to look at through the trees. We have stayed there since and had great views but I think that first experience tainted my opinion and I only go there if there is nothing else!

BLT we always go for Lake View and haven't been disappointed yet but I suppose there's always a first time

A lot of views are spoilt by poor management of the trees and I think we pay enough dues to expect them to be kept at appropriate height and thicknesses.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

'Standard view' at the Poly

LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
There's a real mixed bag here. What should be good can be bad and vice versa (always good to get the nice surprise ones)

I don't think there are any great views at the BCV but I always try get pool view but don't mind the"woods" view. "Canal" view rooms really ought to be downgraded as the road is so close.

I think the best view I've ever had from a DVC resort was this one at Aulani:

lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bella1 View Post
A lot of views are spoilt by poor management of the trees and I think we pay enough dues to expect them to be kept at appropriate height and thicknesses.
I agree there are loads of rooms that have poor views due to trees. IMHO WDW should commit to some planting projects to offset the green issue and then commit to clearing as many trees that obstruct balconies as possible.

Management are fully aware of the issue and some will admit to it when you complain at the front desk but are unable to get clearance for serious pruning due to the perceived issues it will cause.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
red cuillen
Excited about Disney

Quite happy with our 6 floor theme park room view at BLT

Quite happy with the level 3 view from room 4725 in the Paddocks, guessing it could have been better or far worse looking at other contributions!
red cuillen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List