Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Theme Parks Florida
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, FastPass+ Questions and Info.
Attraction Tickets Direct
Unread 9 Oct 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

Mr Tom Morrow's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I have just been looking at another website and they have a load of photos that show very well the construction and ground clearance at the front of Epcot and also further into the Park.

Coming along nicely. The huge plus for me is it will dispense with redundant buildings and thankfully those god awful 'tombstone' things at the entrance have now gone.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Fourth Trip Of 2019 - Back To SSR
Unread 9 Oct 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gav
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

It won't spoil your enjoyment. I'm just back, and yes, I felt the walls they seems to have everywhere at the moment area bit of an eyesore in places, but it's just what happens from time to time.

I did joke that it felt more like Wallt Disney Walled at the moment in places but did it spoil my enjoyment? Not at all.
Gav is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 9 Oct 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
At the moment there are a lot of construction walls all around spaceship earth test-rack and the fountains, in the end we decided to enter epcot at international gateway at world showcase via hollywood studios and the skyliner as that area is unaffected.As I have said though its only a short period as The New Epcot design looks incredible!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn 2013,lakebuena vista resort 2015, Santa Fe Paris 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris 2018,Clarion inn 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Shhh secretly looking at 2021
Unread 9 Oct 19, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I was there last month and there were loads of boards in Epcot. They didn't bother me though as I feel privileged just to be able to go there.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Third solo trip - back to POFQ!
Unread 9 Oct 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
slightly serious Dibber

Epcot won't bother us - we'll be there for food and wine and that plus world showcase are the main draws.

Our days there in the past involved hitting living with the land/soarin', crossing to test track via mousegear and after riding that heading for world showcase at opening.

I don't foresee the changes having much of an impact on that plan - mousegear is moving, thats about it. I'll miss club cool if it doesn't re-open but with food and wine, we'll be set for interesting drinks to try. Besides, I'm starting to suspect they'll make club cool chargeable.

As to the other parks construction, anything outside the parks (i.e. on the way into the park) is irrelevant to me. Plus we find new construction interesting - we've been following Tim Tracker on that. Interested to see how far the Jurassic Park ride at Universal will be when we go. Plus the new stuff opening as others have mentioned. Really curious about Terminators replacement, and ratatouille etc was a surprise as given Disney's glacial building speeds didn't expect them for next year.

Next up - 14 days at RPR, September 2020!
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2 weeks chilling at RPR! :)
Unread 9 Oct 19, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I have only been twice.

Dec 2010 - half of Fantasyland behind grey hoardings in prep for New Fantasyland.

Nov 2010 - much of AK behind green hoardings in prep for Pandora. DTD was practically all hoardings prepping for DS.

Did it spoil anything? No, we had a blast.

There will always be something!
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for lions, jungles and food, oh my!
Unread 9 Oct 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
There isn't actually that much closing in 2020 and as for general construction work it's only going to affect the Future World part of Epcot and a small part of MK for the new Tron ride. It's unfortunate that there will be lots of hoardings in Epcot but it's not a major disappointment or anything. In fact, I am glad they are updating the park - it needed it.

Last time we went they were constructing both Pandora in AK and Toy Story Land & Galaxy's Edge in HS. There were far more areas 'closed' then than they'll be next year. You will almost always see some construction work going on whenever you visit.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Anniversary trip to POFQ...
Unread 9 Oct 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyfangirl01
Trainee Dibber

I am like you, we have saved for a long time to go and I feel a little disappointed that Epcot may be looking like wall city, mostly just because it is my OH's first time there and he doesn't watch vlogs or anything so doesn't know how it normally looks - I am worried it may take away from the experience of this park for him.

But equally if you wait for something to open to take your trip you will never go because there will always be something new being built or refurbed. We will still have a great time and I feel like there are rides we are going to just miss opening to but the way I see it is they will have worked out all the problems with them and wait times will be lower when we next return!
disneyfangirl01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First Trip Together!