Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
US Rent A Car
Unread 16 Oct 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've stayed at Pop (pre/post refurb) and ASMovies (pre refurb) and AoA (Little Mermaid room).

My favourite Value resort is Pop hands down - for some reason it feels like "home", the food court is excellent, the buses are regular and almost never shared with other resorts (except at very odd times when it will share with AoA), there is now the Skyliner, and I've never had too many issues with check in and bell services.

I wasn't a fan of ASMovies the one night I stayed there last year due to length of queues at check in and bell services - in fact was close to missing my Magical Express bus due to the sheer length of queue at bell services (at least 15-20 minutes in a queue to get my luggage back - which was unexpected from my point of view as I've never ever queued for so long to retrieve luggage at any other Disney resort!). They also downgraded me from a Preferred to a Standard room without telling me (they did refund the price difference but again without telling me so I wasn't aware of this until later) - I complained about this once I realised but they couldn't move me back to my original booked room category, though they did give me some room credit which was nice. Was more upset about the fact that someone less savvy may not even have realised that the room category was downgraded! Generally a bit of a messy experience. I might have just been very unlucky that time though.

Anyway, in terms of pre/post refurb Value rooms - I feel there is a huge difference, and the post-refurb rooms are absolutely lovely with lots of lighting, USB charging outlets everywhere, huge TV, coffee maker, the pull down Murphy bed. If you only need one bed it's even better as you can just leave the pull down Murphy bed up, and in the process gain a lot of floor space and a huge table to use!

Photos of my room at ASMovies last year, pre-refurb (I would expect that the other All Star resorts pre-refurb would look similar to this...)

Photos of my room at Pop a couple of years ago, post-refurb (apparently ASMovies post-refurb looks fairly similar)

Disneyland 1993 1995 2012 2018 (GCH) : Tokyo Disneyland 1996 2015 : Walt Disney World 2001 2014 (AoA) 2015 (Pop) 2016 (BC/BCV) 2017x2 (CSR/Pop) 2018 (Pop/AsMovies) : Disneyland Paris 2007 2008 2012 2013x3 (Cheyenne/SL) 2017 : Hong Kong Disneyland 2010 : Shanghai Disneyland 2017 (DLH)
sky13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Wine and Dine 5k/10k/half marathon trip!
Unread 16 Oct 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
Imagineer

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
thanks for this. When you say in need of refurb what do you notice?
Rooms are dated compared to other resorts. Beds are comfy but you cant store anything under them as theyre not wooden like FQ. Dates carpet. Small TV, not a lot of storage, tiny safe with a key not a code. All minor things, but like it said it was very clean and comfortable. We popped over to pick friends up at Pop Century last night and they new rooms there are very nice!
All Star Sport/POFQ/Dibb Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Yacht Club/Emerald Island/Deerfield Beach - Aug 20
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Trip 4 with fhe parents!
Unread 17 Oct 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
hotos of my room at ASMovies last year, pre-refurb (I would expect that the other All Star resorts pre-refurb would look similar to this...)

we stayed at all star sports and the room were identical they just have different themed decorations. There were a few niggly things like the location of plug sockets/no usb /no coffee maker and the rooms do look dated but its all things the refurbs are meant to be addressing. We really enjoyed our stay and loved the fact that the resort is very compact. The refurbs started at movies which should b done by January its then meant to move onto music and finally sports but there have been delays and no real info on dates of when it will actually done. As they are the rooms are basic more like a offsite motel and don't have any wow factor compared to other disney resorts but I would have no problem staying there again esp if there are only 1/2 of us as we really only use our room to sleep.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
fingers crossed
Unread 18 Oct 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Cara040
Helping Mickey

Mobile

So were here (AS Movies) very impressed with refurbished room, nearly identical to pp pics from pop. Much more modern than either room weve had at Port Orleans. Were in Mighty ducks right by the quieter pool. Can use either movies or music bus due to room location. Food court is good ( although not as good as Riverside) . Main difference for us is no boat to DS which is a real plus at POR/FQ.
All rooms here are identical only reason for preferred room would be location but for us that would be wasting money.
Definitely would stay here again ( based on first 2 days) if like this year booked too late for free dining.
All Star Movies Oct 2019:
Cara040 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Finally booked it!
Discount Florida Car Hire