Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Oct 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
We always went to the Palladium Panto. I do remember seeing him with The Shadows, at leat once. I think Cinderella hadTerry Scott and Hugh Lloyd as ugly sisters.
I also remember seeing Arthur Askey in pantomime too (really showing my age here!)
I remember Frank Ifield as Robin Hood, no idea why that one stands out.

Did you always go and see the "real" Father Christmas at Selfridge's too. All the others were just helpers.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Mobile

Who remembers the show he put on at a rainy Wimbledon centre court, people were running from other courts to get a glimpse of him and his ladies tennis players singing in the background.

A superb impromptu show, unfortunately miserable so ‘n so’s bad mouthed him, sheesh!
Old 21 Oct 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post

Did you always go and see the "real" Father Christmas at Selfridge's too. All the others were just helpers.
No, no, no, you can't have seen the real Father Christmas at Selfridge's, everyone knows he was in Lewis's in Birmingham!
Old 21 Oct 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Yes, it was a regular visit. Loved the Palladium pantomime, they seemed so sparkly and exciting. Don’t remember Frank Ifield, but do remember Roy Castle and Russ Conway.
As our family is Scottish we often then went back to Aberdeen for New Year’s and go to His Majesty’s pantomime too. I remember Andy Stewart and Pinky & Perky!

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Who remembers the show he put on at a rainy Wimbledon centre court, people were running from other courts to get a glimpse of him and his ladies tennis players singing in the background.

A superb impromptu show, unfortunately miserable so ‘n so’s bad mouthed him, sheesh!
Who bad mouthed him Chris? I don't remember that but there's aways someone ready to suck the joy out everything.
I remember it as a really lovely diversion.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Cliff’s 2012 Orlando calendar was the best

* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Who bad mouthed him Chris? I don't remember that but there's aways someone ready to suck the joy out everything.
I remember it as a really lovely diversion.
Hi Sue - some of the blasted media, they said it was a stunt blah, blah vs the impromptu sing along he had with the whole of centre court. I saw an interview on it, he'd originally said no but agreed to a centre court interview, at the end they asked if he'd do a bit sing, crowd cheered, the rest, as they say, is history. What I'd forgotten, it was 23 years ago! You can see the video HERE.

It was great division Sue, without a doubt - grotty weather and some cheer from Cliff and the female tennis players, who had a great time too.
Old 21 Oct 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Sue - some of the blasted media, they said it was a stunt blah, blah vs the impromptu sing along he had with the whole of centre court. I saw an interview on it, he'd originally said no but agreed to a centre court interview, at the end they asked if he'd do a bit sing, crowd cheered, the rest, as they say, is history. What I'd forgotten, it was 23 years ago! You can see the video HERE.

It was great division Sue, without a doubt - grotty weather and some cheer from Cliff and the female tennis players, who had a great time too.
Well he didn't make it rain did he?
Old 21 Oct 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Well he didn't make it rain did he?
No but his boss did...

I remember that. Great thing to do.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Sue. One of these I suspect.

1959 - Babes in the Wood - Globe Theatre

1960 - Babes in the Wood - Scarborough

1964 - Aladdin - London Palladium

1966 - Cinderella - London Palladium​
I saw him in Aladdin and Cinderella at London Palladium and was also sitting in a box on the last day that Cliff played with the Shadows before they split also at London Palladium. Also saw him at Royal Albert Hall when I was on first aid duty with St John's. Also saw him in concert at Birmingham and playing Tennis in Brighton. A big fan since I was young, I once had to search his bag at Heathrow when I was a security officer, can't tell you what he had in it because I was in total shock

Don't think I will be coming to this concert as I have just paid out for Melvin and I to go to Andre Rieu concert at the Amway Center in Orlando in March and we have 2nd row seats

Enjoy Cliff's 80th concert everyone

Lesley