Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Eat and Play Card
Unread 20 Oct 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Thank you for that! Its hard trying to balance what works for us as a family of 4 with 2 teens of the opposite sex, and for my parents. Were more moderate Disney people whereas its my mum and dads first visit (likely to be their only visit) and theyre more deluxe people so because of that I think we will just stick with what weve got, weve experienced value, moderate and deluxe resorts (stayed at the contemporary and didnt like it at all) so will be nice for them to experience a bit of luxury and I think my dad will really like the Boardwalk area, Ill just have to take one for the team and stay at the YC 😉😉
You could rent a 2 bed- this is Boardwalk standard , Beach Club is the same layout. Rent via Davids, would be cheaper often, someone else on here just booked Boardwalk via Davids. The points at Boardwalk standard view (this view) are very similar to OKW- try to stay one of them, great value in fact best value rooms on property and Boardwalk is a fabulous hotel. You dont see it as much sold in the U.K., as you do USA. This would be $3600 (thats $ not and no tax to pay) and free parking for 5 nights next August, a bit higher if you went into Friday and Saturday. You could split this with the parents. The bed in the living room is a U.K. Kingsize (US queen), same as the one there you can see in the studio bit of it. Theres also a bed under the TV there so this sleeps 10.

Edited at 08:07 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Beach Club Villas and Bay Lake Tower
Unread 20 Oct 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Thank you for that! Its hard trying to balance what works for us as a family of 4 with 2 teens of the opposite sex, and for my parents. Were more moderate Disney people whereas its my mum and dads first visit (likely to be their only visit) and theyre more deluxe people so because of that I think we will just stick with what weve got, weve experienced value, moderate and deluxe resorts (stayed at the contemporary and didnt like it at all) so will be nice for them to experience a bit of luxury and I think my dad will really like the Boardwalk area, Ill just have to take one for the team and stay at the YC 😉😉
Our kids are 16 (girl) and 9 (boy) and the Beach Club rooms work just fine for us.

If they had to share a bed, both for sleeping and chilling-in-the-room time it wouldn't work, but with the day bed, the format is just fine.

Our entire holiday was this...

10 nights - Beach Club
2 nights - Animal Kingdom Lodge (only because I forgot to try and extend the Beach Club by 2 more nights!)
4 nights - Disney Dream cruise
5 nights - house with pool in Davenport

We intentionally had the house bit at the end so they each had their own room and lots of space to themselves, just in case!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
Imagineer

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You could rent a 2 bed- this is Boardwalk standard , Beach Club is the same layout. Rent via Davids, would be cheaper often, someone else on here just booked Boardwalk via Davids. The points at Boardwalk standard view (this view) are very similar to OKW- try to stay one of them, great value in fact best value rooms on property and Boardwalk is a fabulous hotel. You dont see it as much sold in the U.K., as you do USA. This would be $3600 (thats $ not and no tax to pay) and free parking for 5 nights next August, a bit higher if you went into Friday and Saturday. You could split this with the parents. The bed in the living room is a U.K. Kingsize (US queen), same as the one there you can see in the studio bit of it. Theres also a bed under the TV there so this sleeps 10.

Thats really useful info for future trips, thank you. We have a booking already with free dining and tickets so need to book within that offer.
All Star Sport/POFQ/Dibb Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Yacht Club/Emerald Island/Deerfield Beach - Aug 20
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Trip 4 with fhe parents!
Unread 20 Oct 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
Imagineer

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
Our kids are 16 (girl) and 9 (boy) and the Beach Club rooms work just fine for us.

If they had to share a bed, both for sleeping and chilling-in-the-room time it wouldn't work, but with the day bed, the format is just fine.

Our entire holiday was this...

10 nights - Beach Club
2 nights - Animal Kingdom Lodge (only because I forgot to try and extend the Beach Club by 2 more nights!)
4 nights - Disney Dream cruise
5 nights - house with pool in Davenport

We intentionally had the house bit at the end so they each had their own room and lots of space to themselves, just in case!
Of course, I forgot about the sleeper sofa at the YC! That would mean no bed sharing as this trip were on now I shared with my daughter and hubby with the boy and none of us get any sleep as they both fidget so much!

We will have 5 nights at the YC, 10 in a villa on Emerald Island and 2 nights at Lauderdale by the sea. I think if we want to do onsite in any future trips where were onsite longer than 5 nights then we would look at a 1 bed. Thanks again for your input.
All Star Sport/POFQ/Dibb Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Yacht Club/Emerald Island/Deerfield Beach - Aug 20
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Trip 4 with fhe parents!
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less