Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Oct 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile Should we lease new car? Advantages for/against

Hi,

The last car we bought is our VW Tiguan which we bought brand new and paid off in full within the first 3 years. It is now 6 years old and looking to change to a Jaguar F Pace. We are not sure whether to lease or purchase on a normal finance package. We haven’t really looked into leasing so not sure what the benefits are of this versus normal finance? Obviously buying new last time we purchased at 30k and now have a car that we will be lucky to get 8k for part ex. I’m loathe to purchase new again but not sure what the best thing to do is.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve leased three cars with the middle one been written off in an accident. The third car goes back on Friday.

DH has decided to not lease anymore for now but he is a car fan and will change his mind between keeping a banger on the go for as long as he can v a new one that takes up non of his time ever.

Financially leasing means we have a set budget each month and no nasty surprises. Our third one broke down a few times but the AA sorted it roadside twice and lease company covered all costs from the garage it eventually ended up in.
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. There are so many variables involved I will never say leasing or owning outright is the best as it varies person to person.

What I do recommend though is to buy or lease a pre registered car with under 20 miles on the clock. The savings can be awesome.
Easy to get well over £15K off.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We just got the f pace, it’s a lovely car, We have driven jaguars for about 18 years. We got a good lease deal, that the dealership just couldn’t match.
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I got a new car on Friday and looked into leasing. The mileage limitations put me off but if you don’t do a lot of miles or know how many you will do then there are some greats deals about
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Obviously buying new last time we purchased at 30k and now have a car that we will be lucky to get 8k for part ex.
I would keep it tbh.
Even if it ends up as a second car or passed on to family.
We keep hold of all our new cars until they meet a really big bill, which touch wood they rarely do.

The other thing I would do is book a long week-end test drive of a Jaguar F Pace and see how you feel about paying to swap.

We recently had a loan F Pace from Enterprise for a week and really liked it but was pleased to have our Volvo back.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

DS has a jaguar through their finance, it has been a pig in a poke. He has had so much wrong with it that apparently isn't covered as part of the agreement. Even the Jaguar recovery person has kicked off to the garage about it. Honestly My DH has had Jags on and off for 30 years and this has been such a bed experience. The small print in the contract gets them out of everything.
Must admit I do like the look of the F pace though.
Old 20 Oct 19, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

It is a tough one, as honestly there is nothing wrong with our current car and we always look after them, regular servicing etc. The thought of starting again with lease/finance is putting me off as we have got used to no monthly bills for vehicles. Think we will look into it a bit more and then weigh it up. Thank you all.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. There are so many variables involved I will never say leasing or owning outright is the best as it varies person to person.

What I do recommend though is to buy or lease a pre registered car with under 20 miles on the clock. The savings can be awesome.
Easy to get well over £15K off.
Yes we are looking at ore registered, as you say the savings make it a no brainer.
Old 21 Oct 19, 03:23 AM  
Link to this Post
bobcat12
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I would keep the existing one, it's been well looked after and should easily last a few more years without any major expense.
bobcat12 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List