Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Oct 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TheDisneyCouple
Imagineer

Just married: UK holiday recommendations (last minute honeymoon)

Good afternoon Dibbers,

Myself and Michael tied the knot over the weekend. It was absolutely magical and we are sublimely happy.

We are extremely lucky to have received £645 in gifts from our friends and family. We have reconsidered having a honeymoon, which was previously unaffordable, and are looking into some good, romantic UK honeymoon destinations.

York is at the top of our list, but we holidayed there last year as well as London.

Any ideas please? We don't mind moving around a few places.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited at 04:12 PM.
TheDisneyCouple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve heard good things about Bath?
Don’t know if that helps - I’m not really very good at UK destinations!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Congratulations.

Lovely weather here in Edinburgh just now. Lots to do.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

The lake district is even more beautiful than ever at this time of year. We stayed in an airbnb for the weekend (I was working up their - OH came up to visit). It was in Penrith which I know is not in the lake district but is very close.

If you can go mid week you probably will get some good deals

Congratulations btw !

P.s. - when I quickly saw the photo I thought it was from our wedding back in september
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Many congrats!

I would recommend Northumberland... in Alnwick you can have lunch or dinner in a magical treehouse, visit Alnwick gardens, the amazing Barter books (converted railway station) —- you can visit Alnwick castle, or have a bracing walk from Craster to Dunstunburgh castle (voted one of the best walks in Britain) - loads of lovely beaches, cosy pubs, woods, some nice local shopping ... would make a lovely romantic break.

If you want to city break - I have to go with Manchester! Amazing theatres, art gallery’s, shopping, museums, quirky eateries for afternoon tea or posh cocktails and fancy dinners... axe throwing, escape rooms, the Christmas markets start very soon (14th Nov I think)...
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
I’ve heard good things about Bath?
Don’t know if that helps - I’m not really very good at UK destinations!
Bath is a stunnig city-but there are lots of those in the UK!

Cardiff? Oxford ? (You could even stay in an old prison!)

I guess alot depends on if you are planning to get out much
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Yorkshire lovely place to explore (I'm from Yorkshire so a little biased!) so I'd get yourself back up North. York you say you have done so in that case, head towards Ilkley, Skipton, and certainly Bolton Abbey etc. lovely countryside, nice towns for shopping and eating. Granted you would benefit more from nice weather so if you do go, maybe go in the Spring time, but either way all of the above is nice whatever the weather.
(If you do go back to York all of the above are all driveable in an hour or so)

Edited at 04:26 PM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
Yorkshire lovely place to explore (I'm from Yorkshire so a little biased!) so I'd get yourself back up North. York you say you have done so in that case, head towards Ilkley, Skipton, and certainly Bolton Abbey etc. lovely countryside, nice towns for shopping and eating. Granted you would benefit more from nice weather so if you do go, maybe go in the Spring time.
Harrogate? I haven't been there for years but remember it as being very vibrant!
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
How about Stratford on Avon, nice and handy for all of the Cotswolds.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I'm a yorkshire girl and love my county, one minute you are in the heart of the city a few minutes later you are in the countryside, Peak District nearby and Yorkshires coastline has some lovely places to visit, whitby and Robins hood bay stand out to me, you've York again in that part of the county, pickering and some lovely Market towns too.
Congratulations to you both and have a lovely honeymoon x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List