Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Jul 15, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Wild Africa Trek

Has anyone taken the wild africa trek tour at AK, if so any reviews TIA
Old 31 Jul 15, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
dtm316
Proud to wear my Ears

dtm316's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Hi Jockey,

We did the wild africa trek back in 2011 and absolutely loved it. It was a last minute thing that we booked one morning after a visit to the concierge desk in the hotel. The trek part probably lasted just over an hour and you got some unique views of the hippos and crocs, although it was very warm you do get some jungle juice to take round with you.
The private safari was probably the best part as you got some nice up close encounters with the animals on the savannah and we were able to get some nice pics as the vehicle isn't moving (unlike the Kilimanjaro safari )
We looked to go again this year if that's an indication of how much we liked it, however at the time we looked I'm sure the prices were a lot more than we paid, however after looking again last week they do seem to have come down in price and they are also offering a $50 discount on afternoon treks.

Any questions please feel free to ask
dtm316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 15, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dtm316 View Post
Hi Jockey,

We did the wild africa trek back in 2011 and absolutely loved it. It was a last minute thing that we booked one morning after a visit to the concierge desk in the hotel. The trek part probably lasted just over an hour and you got some unique views of the hippos and crocs, although it was very warm you do get some jungle juice to take round with you.
The private safari was probably the best part as you got some nice up close encounters with the animals on the savannah and we were able to get some nice pics as the vehicle isn't moving (unlike the Kilimanjaro safari )
We looked to go again this year if that's an indication of how much we liked it, however at the time we looked I'm sure the prices were a lot more than we paid, however after looking again last week they do seem to have come down in price and they are also offering a $50 discount on afternoon treks.

Any questions please feel free to ask
Thats great thanks for the reply..its good to know you enjoyed it so much you want to do again! We have booked the 12.30 tour as we are at MVMCP the night before, would we have been better with an early morning tour tho the temps won't be too hot as its November so I am hoping lots of animals will be around! We managed to get the tour for $340 for both with AP discount.
Old 31 Jul 15, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

yep, review in my signature.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 15, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
yep, review in my signature.

Just had a read...looks brilliant, your pics are fab, its great the guide takes pics especially crossing the bridge!
Old 3 Aug 15, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Just had a read...looks brilliant, your pics are fab, its great the guide takes pics especially crossing the bridge!
Their pictures were brilliant, and IIRC they were included in the cost. Enjoy, you'll have a great time, we'd do it again

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 15, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

We did this back in 2012 and I hope we can do it again when we go next year. It was great fun, and although Disney come up with a whole bevvy of health restrictions for it it's actually not that tough as treks go (however whether people decide to do it or not with a health condition is up to them! Not taking responsibility for that )
I was worried as I've got dodgy joints and not to happy on heights but I still loved it, I always felt safe and it was great to be able to get so close to the animals. The lunch in the middle of the savannah is lovely too- possibly not for fussy eaters but DH and I enjoyed it. We'd do it again in a heartbeat!
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 15, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeC1964
Very Serious Dibber

Just bumping this - is anybody who went this summer prpeared to say how much it cose? The website gives a range of $139-$249, so I'm assuming summer will be $249 ( ).
Old 15 Oct 15, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MikeC1964 View Post
Just bumping this - is anybody who went this summer prpeared to say how much it cose? The website gives a range of $139-$249, so I'm assuming summer will be $249 ( ).
We booked it for this year. 3 of us, (2 adults, 1, 14yr) - $600
That is for a tour at 11:45 on Nov 2.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 15, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Are there ages restrictions? as WDW site says "adult" but then also says Tweens/Teens/Adults :\
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread