Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Apr 20, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Mobile Anyone thinking of rebooking or booking for 2021

Hello all, I’ve been reading quite a few peoples posts who are on the fence and unsure whether to pay balances move dates and generally unsure what to do.

Reason for my post is I don’t have any sort of booking or commitment to a holiday to Florida so I’m able to view the situation without any emotion or the heart strings being pulled which these type of holidays do to us.

Will it be busy
One word yes. We make up a very small percentage of visitors which will have a impact on what the Americans plan to do. Throw in the 50th celebrations and people wanting a lift or some magic Disney will be high up the list for both Americans and brits.

Social distancing in Parks
If the parks were to open and we all know if given the chance they would open tomorrow if allowed are social distancing measures be in place. The reason for mentioning this is look how angry and frustrated we brits have been queuing for shopping/essentials. Throw Americans in the mix that don’t like waiting your going to have a really bad atmosphere. This is something that would be incredibly hard to manage as everyone’s families numbers are different groups sizes you have Das holders and careers.

One way of controlling this would be limit number or people per ride. This would slow and control a rate of people. Would the staff then need to clean each ride down which would slow the rate of people being loaded and unloaded causing big waits.

Free Dining, Flight prices and offers
Disney has been looking at phasing the free dining out for a number of years due to increases in capacity. Where I think they will honour this years I think this will be something they may consider to remove due to a fragile economy and suppliers and businesses needing time to recover.

Flights, the government will want to control this situation and knowing how many people are entering the country will be high priority. The easiest way to do this would be to out price people to limit numbers. Yes the airlines need to make money and start flying but I can see really tough restrictions in place which people will simply say it’s more trouble than it’s worth.

Immigration, is bad enough on some days in the summer can you imagine the time and questions that could be imposed just to get into the country.

Travel Insurance/Fit to fly
Before the covid outbreak you wouldn’t travel to America without adequate travel insurance. What are the premiums going to be look like, will you need to produce a certificate to fly. Will you need to be tested and confirm your virus free to fly or to be insured to minimise the risk of infection spread and to verify insurance. Will premiums go up

I can see a form of generating money from this for the governments to allow statistics and to prove better control of who they are allowing in and out of the country.

Job loses problems with the economy
Unfortunately this is going to affect a lot of people and will make people seriously weigh up is a 5-10k holiday the right thing to do. People in the grand scheme of things are going to lose houses/job security and will have the decision taken out of their hands which is something no family should have happen to them.

Schools/Exams
With schools being closed exams still needing to be taken all bets are off what term times and dates are going to be. People rightly so will have worked of published dates but these could be subject to change if they brought exams or intakes later or earlier. This will be a huge deal breaker for families with children.

Vaccine/Testing
This is the one thing that every government is working towards. When this is readily available will remove a lot of restriction. The front line workers are still waiting to be tested. Will be some time until holiday makers have access to
It.

Time
The longer this goes on the more difficult it will be for everyone to rearrange due to jobs commitments/schools etc. To think people thought this would be a couple of weeks we are entering into the summer months still on full lockdown. Peoples options and flexibility is being decreased week by week.

To summarise the points above the governments are struggling to provide PPE and assurances to the general public when things can go back to normal. Neither government will put pressure on the heath services to the expense of tourists and holidays as that isn’t the priority at the moment. Getting the economy stabilised and trying their best to limit the casualties exposed to the virus after lockdown. People simply cannot hide and isolate for the rest of their lives which is going to lead to more deaths which when you look at it sensibly is going to affect more and more people and families. The economy has to recover and the only way of this is more people returning to work. I would like to point out the NHS have been a beacon of hope for a lot of people and families and they have restored a sense of pride into the country during such a difficult time.

One thing for certain things WONT be normal for some time and both the uk and us need to recover from this. Most people who visit Florida from the dibb are returning visitors and feel the holidays for the next 2-3 years will be something completely different from what they have experienced or been used too. I think this itself would upset me especially if we had to battle all the issues above to get their to not enjoy it.

I’ve read so many threads the past couple days where so many people affected are on the fence that having things listed may allow them some clearer judgement. Stay safe everyone
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Exams arent getting sat this year, next year wont be affected even thought students probablywill be. Resits are in September for anyone wanting to. Term times are set in advance. I've got my dates for 20-21, 21-22 as they know holidays are booked in advance. Everything else we have to wait and see however my holidays are booked for next year as I did so before all this happened. So I'm just waiting to see.

Edited at 11:58 AM.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

I was positive for this year but seeing the morons starting to disobey rules over in the US I think I’ll be rebooking. We’ll be ok in Europe over the next couple of months but the US is going to take a while longer
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

we were booked for May this year. We have re-booked for Feb next year, incorporating half term. My youngest will be in secondary school yr 7 and the other children will be year 9 and 10. I will, as a one off be taking them out of school. I wanted in an ideal world, end of oct- beginning of Nov but i don't think it gives USA long enough to test out 'life' going forward and i don't want to be guinea pigs so 10months down the line, i hope they have some kind of strategy in place. I am prepared for things to be slightly different but I am hoping for a holiday that still captures the magic!
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Katenbeth
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boarder4life View Post
Hello all, I’ve been reading quite a few peoples posts who are on the fence and unsure whether to pay balances move dates and generally unsure what to do.

Reason for my post is I don’t have any sort of booking or commitment to a holiday to Florida so I’m able to view the situation without any emotion or the heart strings being pulled which these type of holidays do to us.

Will it be busy
One word yes. We make up a very small percentage of visitors which will have a impact on what the Americans plan to do. Throw in the 50th celebrations and people wanting a lift or some magic Disney will be high up the list for both Americans and brits.

Social distancing in Parks
If the parks were to open and we all know if given the chance they would open tomorrow if allowed are social distancing measures be in place. The reason for mentioning this is look how angry and frustrated we brits have been queuing for shopping/essentials. Throw Americans in the mix that don’t like waiting your going to have a really bad atmosphere. This is something that would be incredibly hard to manage as everyone’s families numbers are different groups sizes you have Das holders and careers.

One way of controlling this would be limit number or people per ride. This would slow and control a rate of people. Would the staff then need to clean each ride down which would slow the rate of people being loaded and unloaded causing big waits.

Free Dining, Flight prices and offers
Disney has been looking at phasing the free dining out for a number of years due to increases in capacity. Where I think they will honour this years I think this will be something they may consider to remove due to a fragile economy and suppliers and businesses needing time to recover.

Flights, the government will want to control this situation and knowing how many people are entering the country will be high priority. The easiest way to do this would be to out price people to limit numbers. Yes the airlines need to make money and start flying but I can see really tough restrictions in place which people will simply say it’s more trouble than it’s worth.

Immigration, is bad enough on some days in the summer can you imagine the time and questions that could be imposed just to get into the country.

Travel Insurance/Fit to fly
Before the covid outbreak you wouldn’t travel to America without adequate travel insurance. What are the premiums going to be look like, will you need to produce a certificate to fly. Will you need to be tested and confirm your virus free to fly or to be insured to minimise the risk of infection spread and to verify insurance. Will premiums go up

I can see a form of generating money from this for the governments to allow statistics and to prove better control of who they are allowing in and out of the country.

Job loses problems with the economy
Unfortunately this is going to affect a lot of people and will make people seriously weigh up is a 5-10k holiday the right thing to do. People in the grand scheme of things are going to lose houses/job security and will have the decision taken out of their hands which is something no family should have happen to them.

Schools/Exams
With schools being closed exams still needing to be taken all bets are off what term times and dates are going to be. People rightly so will have worked of published dates but these could be subject to change if they brought exams or intakes later or earlier. This will be a huge deal breaker for families with children.

Vaccine/Testing
This is the one thing that every government is working towards. When this is readily available will remove a lot of restriction. The front line workers are still waiting to be tested. Will be some time until holiday makers have access to
It.

Time
The longer this goes on the more difficult it will be for everyone to rearrange due to jobs commitments/schools etc. To think people thought this would be a couple of weeks we are entering into the summer months still on full lockdown. Peoples options and flexibility is being decreased week by week.

To summarise the points above the governments are struggling to provide PPE and assurances to the general public when things can go back to normal. Neither government will put pressure on the heath services to the expense of tourists and holidays as that isn’t the priority at the moment. Getting the economy stabilised and trying their best to limit the casualties exposed to the virus after lockdown. People simply cannot hide and isolate for the rest of their lives which is going to lead to more deaths which when you look at it sensibly is going to affect more and more people and families. The economy has to recover and the only way of this is more people returning to work. I would like to point out the NHS have been a beacon of hope for a lot of people and families and they have restored a sense of pride into the country during such a difficult time.

One thing for certain things WONT be normal for some time and both the uk and us need to recover from this. Most people who visit Florida from the dibb are returning visitors and feel the holidays for the next 2-3 years will be something completely different from what they have experienced or been used too. I think this itself would upset me especially if we had to battle all the issues above to get their to not enjoy it.

I’ve read so many threads the past couple days where so many people affected are on the fence that having things listed may allow them some clearer judgement. Stay safe everyone
Utter nonsense, written from a mainstream media tainted perspective.
Old 19 Apr 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When you say “2021” that’s a whole 12 months. How things will be in January are very different to how they will be in December so you can’t really generalise. While what a lot of what you post makes sense it’s also your opinion and speculation of how things will be and can’t really be a blanket comment on the whole year. You could also make a valid argument that’s the opposite of a lot of your points.

No one know what’s going to happen next year or even in 3 weeks because none of us have ever been through this before so we have no frame of reference for how the world would be after a global pandemic.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Katenbeth
Imagineer

Why on Earth a ‘Government’ would coerce airlines to up the prices to limit numbers is a crazy thought. Why not just limit visa’s/esta’s if that was a plan?
Old 19 Apr 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
When you say “2021” that’s a whole 12 months. How things will be in January are very different to how they will be in December so you can’t really generalise. While what a lot of what you post makes sense it’s also your opinion and speculation of how things will be and can’t really be a blanket comment on the whole year. You could also make a valid argument that’s the opposite of a lot of your points.

No one know what’s going to happen next year or even in 3 weeks because none of us have ever been through this before so we have no frame of reference for how the world would be after a global pandemic.

Totally agree with your response.
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

I think we may find that term times maybe changes due to the current pandemic. So I would not be booking anything until I know the term dates for next year. Yes the term dates are published for the next year, but this was before a. Pandemic. So all bets are off as to what the government decides to do with them. Also with regard to those who have worked in schools during their breaks.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DiszeeBelle View Post
Exams arent getting sat this year, next year wont be affected even thought students probablywill be. Resits are in September for anyone wanting to. Term times are set in advance. I've got my dates for 20-21, 21-22 as they know holidays are booked in advance. Everything else we have to wait and see however my holidays are booked for next year as I did so before all this happened. So I'm just waiting to see.
Can I ask how you know next years term dates won’t be affected-this years have been!
My DS is year 10 I fail to see how he can be be expected to sit exams as normal next year since he has effectively missed half a school year .
Whilst many people book holidays in advance (and I’m one of them ) I’d be surprised if this is taken into consideration around schooling .
Insurance aside I’ve been looking at prices for next year too but will have to wait and see what happens .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List