Notices

Old 31 May 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ah, I hadn't realised you owned DVC or maybe you've said before and I've forgotten a shame there is no availabilty for your dates for the W&D.

A villa stay does sound appealing at the moment as we could shut ourselves off from the world and not worry about face masks if we wanted. I'm going to just wait on Disney and see what happens with the reservation system. Part of me is feeling that perhaps we've all freaked out over the announcement and they will clarify what it all means and it won't be as bad. But then that's probably wishful thinking.

All my FP have now disappeared from MDE as have all the resorts and Disney Springs ADRs, it's just the park ADRs that are still showing, but I'm sure later today they will go too.
Hiya not sure if I've mentioned DVC before as the Summer trip was a villa plus Universal stay trip - unfortunately our DVC trips are every other year unless I persuade DH to buy more points - I nearly had him convinced last year but the exchange rate was awful! He also has this idea that there are other places in the world to visit! The TA I booked with for the Summer has availability at the Dolphin on their website for Run Disney dates so I'm waiting to talk to them tomorrow to see if there really is availability... I am following a lot of the FB sites though and wondering if it will be cancelled or become a virtual run so really wondering about whether I should risk booking at this point... If I listened to some of the comments on FB I'd probably just cancel all Disney trips for the next year but like you I really don't want to give up... 2020 has been a very difficult year for many reasons so I have to believe that the Christmas trip will go ahead!

Can't imagine watching the FPs etc disappear... so depressing... We still have the Quick Service Dining Plan booked for Christmas but assuming that will be refunded soon...

I'm also accused of obsessing over Disney holidays at the moment I prefer to think of it as planning and dreaming! Take care and really hope things settle down and there is more good news from Disney...
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Wow, what a roller coaster Abby, it’s so difficult with all the unknown factors, it would do my head in too
Some of our best Florida holidays have actually been non-Disney so I think you will still have an awesome time exploring new places & going to Universal and your DVC resort stay at the end. I remember going to KSC a few years ago & Keira really didn’t want to go however it turned out to be her favourite day of the whole holiday
I’m with you on the whole kids growing up thing. I’m gutted that we are’t going on our planned holidays this year as potentially there’s only one or two years left before Nathan doesn’t want to come Anymore and he potentially has a rugby tour to South Africa in the summer of 2022 which may rule out him coming with us that year
I hope school goes ok for you this week. I’m getting to go in for one day On 16th June for our new year 8 induction day. (Year 7 in England) dear love them it’s going to be so different to previous year
That's good to hear that Keira loved KSC so much, we've never been so maybe it would be handy if Disney forced our hand and we end up 'having' to do other things. I'm still not convinced the FCO will change their advice any time soon, but still at least that would mean I could get some of my money back. I'm more positive about getting something for the DVC rental as in a post on here someone said they had to cancel and got a 3 year credit note with David's for the value of their booking, so while it's not cash in hand it's something and could be helpful if we are unable to fly.

I hope you still get to have some lovely trips with your kids, doesn't time fly? It really doesn't seem like moments ago when they were babies.

Back to work tomorrow, well working from home for a couple of weeks since the government said we couldn't have year 10 in until 15th June. It's a pain as we were hoping to get them in the week before, but just small numbers of them every day. Lots more planning to do for that I reckon. I hope your induction day goes well, that's good they get to do it and see their new school.

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Hiya not sure if I've mentioned DVC before as the Summer trip was a villa plus Universal stay trip - unfortunately our DVC trips are every other year unless I persuade DH to buy more points - I nearly had him convinced last year but the exchange rate was awful! He also has this idea that there are other places in the world to visit! The TA I booked with for the Summer has availability at the Dolphin on their website for Run Disney dates so I'm waiting to talk to them tomorrow to see if there really is availability... I am following a lot of the FB sites though and wondering if it will be cancelled or become a virtual run so really wondering about whether I should risk booking at this point... If I listened to some of the comments on FB I'd probably just cancel all Disney trips for the next year but like you I really don't want to give up... 2020 has been a very difficult year for many reasons so I have to believe that the Christmas trip will go ahead!

Can't imagine watching the FPs etc disappear... so depressing... We still have the Quick Service Dining Plan booked for Christmas but assuming that will be refunded soon...

I'm also accused of obsessing over Disney holidays at the moment I prefer to think of it as planning and dreaming! Take care and really hope things settle down and there is more good news from Disney...
It definitely sounds like you need to top your points up if you can only stretch to once every couple of years. Tut tut other places in the world to visit. What is he thinking? Has he been talking to Dave?

Who knows what's going to come from Disney? I'm less worried about it all now I've had a chance to get used to the idea. I find it odd that it's a blanket thing for the rest of this year as I'd have thought the most drastic measures would only be for phase 1 and that maybe they'd relax some of the restrictions in phase 2. I get they have no clue when that will be and maybe phase 1 will last months and months. For our trip this summer I know the biggest hurdle we've got is the FCO and borders opening and given that I am extremely doubtful things will have changed in the next two months it seems silly to be worrying about what Disney may or may not do next. That was always just a distraction from the real truth that we're not going anywhere at all at the moment. We've got 2 more months to wait and see, maybe the borders will open. I know some of Europe is opening up, but then I think about the fact that Greece really want the tourists to come back this summer. They gave out a list of lots of countries they'd welcome visitors from, but we're not on the list as our stats aren't good enough. So I'm not going to hold my breath on that score. Perhaps it will be ok for those travelling mid to late August, but I really think we will run out of time.

I'm over being upset about it, well for now anyway I'm sure I'll have a few more moments over the next few weeks, but I can't be miserable about it anymore. It won't change the situation so best to suck it up and get on with it.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 07:27 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m glad you’re feeling a bit more positive today Abby 😃
There are so many other options in Florida whether it be a beach, villa, offsite hotel or an extended Universal stay I know you’ll have the best time and make the most of it. You know I’ll have to recommend Anna Maria Island and a villa stay in Orlando as that’s our absolute favourite 😉
KSC and an airboat ride are also great days out too!
We are of course beholden to the FCO and Trump and who knows what he’s going to say!
I do think we’ll hear more about the matter in the next few weeks!
Stay positive and I hope the going back to school goes well. Sam starts on the 8th which he’s actually looking forward to, I think he’ll really benefit from going back and getting into some kind of routine again. I bet you’ve massively missed the kids, it will be nice for you to see them in person rather than through a screen

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

We've really enjoyed the kennedy space center. I didn't think the girls would enjoy it but they had a great time too.

I'm glad you are feeling more positive; good luck with going back to work. I still have a second week of half term thankfully.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm glad your a little more positive Abby. It can be so overwhelming sometimes especially when it first hits you.

I agree with everyone else if you do HAVE to go then there's so much more to choose from especially as you had such a long trip ❤️ getting chance to do all those others things would be amazing.

It's all speculation but I've heard some flights are resuming from July but it mainly seems to be European countries. I'm not sure when the restrictions for the US will be lifted, doesn't seem they're as in control of the virus as they make out!

I hope work goes well when you go back 🤞 xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I’m glad you’re feeling a bit more positive today Abby 😃
There are so many other options in Florida whether it be a beach, villa, offsite hotel or an extended Universal stay I know you’ll have the best time and make the most of it. You know I’ll have to recommend Anna Maria Island and a villa stay in Orlando as that’s our absolute favourite 😉
KSC and an airboat ride are also great days out too!
We are of course beholden to the FCO and Trump and who knows what he’s going to say!
I do think we’ll hear more about the matter in the next few weeks!
Stay positive and I hope the going back to school goes well. Sam starts on the 8th which he’s actually looking forward to, I think he’ll really benefit from going back and getting into some kind of routine again. I bet you’ve massively missed the kids, it will be nice for you to see them in person rather than through a screen
I'm sorry to reply so late, it's been a really busy week of work, I was in once this week as there is lots to do with making sure the school is ready for social distancing. That's going to be a whole new thing for us to get used to and will be quite tough I think. Not because I'm worried that kids won't comply just that it will be difficult for us I know it will be really hard if one of them is stuck on a task to not go over to their desk and help them. But we have to find ways of living with this and so we are doing our best to come up with a plan that keeps everyone safe.

I knew you would recommend Anna Maria Island. I was thinking of Cocoa beach but I just don't know really and I'm still not convinced borders will be open in time for us. We've just got to wait and see.

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
We've really enjoyed the kennedy space center. I didn't think the girls would enjoy it but they had a great time too.

I'm glad you are feeling more positive; good luck with going back to work. I still have a second week of half term thankfully.
If we do make it out there and don't end up doing Disney then we really should make time for Kennedy space centre it's something that I know we'd find interesting. I am thinking that if Disney isn't an option then we would have to hire a car and that would then mean we could do some day trips to places that are further away.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I'm glad your a little more positive Abby. It can be so overwhelming sometimes especially when it first hits you.

I agree with everyone else if you do HAVE to go then there's so much more to choose from especially as you had such a long trip ❤️ getting chance to do all those others things would be amazing.

It's all speculation but I've heard some flights are resuming from July but it mainly seems to be European countries. I'm not sure when the restrictions for the US will be lifted, doesn't seem they're as in control of the virus as they make out!

I hope work goes well when you go back 🤞 xx
It seems that Virgin have announced flights are going ahead from around 20th July, not that we're flying with them, but still maybe they know something that we don't. I wonder where they got that date from. It's around the start of the summer holidays and so I wondered if it was just wishful thinking on their part.

If we end up having to pull out of Disney but still go to Orlando then our free upgrade to universal annual passes is going to be brilliant. They are seasonal passes so can't enter the parks in July, plus it's just the two parks. I wondered if we could upgrade to the three parks, or maybe just do a 1 day entry to Volcano Bay. I'm not really looking forward to the idea of wearing masks though and I'm hoping they relax that in open outdoor spaces. But maybe that's not on the cards at all.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

I can only imagine how busy you’ve been at school, we’ve not been in yet but I think it will all start next week as we’ve only got 3 weeks left before we break up. I’ve been thinking about you this week and kept looking to see if you’ve been in.

I think it’s quite easy to upgrade your universal passes you just pay the difference. Power passes have no blackout dates in July, DH has one of those. You pay the full cost though it’s not adjusted for how long you have left.

I’d agree with the recommendation for Kennedy, we did years ago 1999 maybe and took ds there a few years ago, we really enjoyed it.

Still keeping my fingers crossed you get the outcome that’s best for you.

Dh is refusing to discuss future trips but ds and I have pretty much decided if we can that we are up for Orlando trips next summer and October.
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Lovely to see you back on here Abby. Sounds like a busy time for you... I'm an LSA in Year 9 so still furloughed and not going back. DS and till September... DD also not going back so a strange loooong summer for us! So glad you are still planning to go and definitely recommend KSC. We loved it there a few years ago and keep talking about going back. We were also lucky enough to watch a launch from Titusville one year! There really are some lovely places to visit. Have you been to Busch Gardens? I'm not great at the big rides but the rest of the family love it!

I'm still trying to stay positive about a sneaky November trip with Mum - we managed to book the Dolphin through our TA using the summer deposit so just need the races to go ahead... Now waiting for Disney to announce the reservation system so we can book then and Christmas! Am very worried about the Christmas dates as assuming they will be very busy!

Hope you are enjoying a relaxing weekend. Take care
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

You can definitely upgrade them Abby. I've been emailing guest services as we're going to upgrade the other passes to preferred for our December trip. With changing our dates we would be using them before 4th January and as they're season passes they won't work.

They've said just go to guest services upon arrival and they can upgrade for you 😁

I thought you'd be busy with work. Thomas is back next week and Noah is attending whilst I'm at work as Chris went back from furlough this week. He's back in the office from 15th.

When speaking to the SENCO I said to me it makes more sense to send the boys to grandmas whilst I'm at work but obviously we'll get into trouble. Surely it's better them just seeing one family than loads at school? Anyway sorry that's my gripe done 🤣 hope you're all keeping well xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Em4owen
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We've has a busy week too. All back to school tomorrow. I know it sounds strange but I'm really looking forward to seeing the kids again.

Things are looking more positive on the Florida front with flights etc. We're booked with AA and the flights are still there. I'm remaining positive for Disney. It won't be the experience we'd planned originally but we will make the best of it and have a great time, I'm sure.