Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jul 20, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Magicsky
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I've given up Ebay also for a few years now. Had multiple experiences with scammers. So unfair, as many have stated Ebay have no concern for sellers, no support. It certainly is a fraudster paradise.
Magicsky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I feel disheartened to read this. I had a similar experience with a iPhone X recently. Took lots of photos (more than I posted on the listing). It was in mint condition and barely used. I communicated lots with the buyer and as soon as he received it, he sent me photos showing scratches. I couldn’t believe it. I sent eBay my photos but to cut a long story short, it got to the point where eBay were going to refund him and allow him to keep the phone! This was despite me having an excellent selling record. I ended up having to partially refund him rather than accept a return. The postage cost of the item was high because of the insurance and I would have had to pay the same to allow him to return it. I felt completely scammed.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I would add to my post above that the buyer requested a partial refund rather than a return. He knew what he was doing. :-(
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

I recently had a bad experience with e-bay as a buyer. Bought an item from the US and paid in full straight away incl intl. shipping costs and payment had cleared through my credit card. The seller then contacted me to say that due to Covid she wasn't shipping internationally anymore so had cancelled my order. I was disappointed but understood. However then e-bay raised an Unpaid Item Case against me. But I had paid in full and actually wanted a refund. Contacted the seller and she sent me screen shots to show she hadn't been paid. It took ages to try and sought out. I eventually got a refund but still have an Unpaid Case against my name so not at all happy.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post

I have bought but never sold on eBay and never would as there are too many stories like that. I have sold a couple of things via other sites like gumtree or Preloved but always collection only.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I have no knowldege of E Bay but I see on here a lot that sellers seem to have been sold down the river. Very poor show.

Anything I want to sell my Son takes it and put it on Facebook and then gives me the money. I think they collect it though.

God he even sold an old chrome radiator for me the other week!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Ds2 had bought roller skates, within an hour 1 skate fell apart. He contacted the seller, well that was the star of abusive texts, and name shaming him. Eventually he was refunded, but we sent them back at our own cost, but just glad to get the idiot off my son's back.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
kirstielou
Imagineer

Fell out with Ebay a long time ago for all these reasons already mentioned. Not used Ebay in years.
Twins 2nd visit May/June 2022
kirstielou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I had issues as a buyer several years ago. Lost £60. eBay do not help buyers either!
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

We run an online shop and most of our trade is through eBay! Luckily most people are genuine. However we have had a few cases of things like this, and yeah eBay are so unhelpful.
If eBay rule in the buyers favour you can also appeal to PayPal.
Not sure if they will be able to help you but it’s worth a go! It’s so unfair how they let people get away with things like this!
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List