Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Aug 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Dial a Flight

Just want to say what a great company Dial a Flight has been to deal with throughout our cancelling of flights we had booked with them. Originally booked to go in May had them move to end of September, then those flights cancelled so we made the decision to cancel whole trip - All the team that I have dealt with - Eric, Greg, Alex, and Ashley have been extremely helpful and prompt in getting a refund and keeping me informed all the way. Well done.

Edited at 01:55 PM.
alisonjones is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

I wholeheartedly agree.
I would recommend them to anyone wanting to book flights etc. I found very cheap flights on the ITA matrix, not listed on the airlines own sites, gave them the details they found the flights, added a car making the booking a package, so just a deposit pp.

I use the ITA matrix as my first port of call when looking for flights.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Originally Posted by patjeff63 View Post
I wholeheartedly agree.
I would recommend them to anyone wanting to book flights etc. I found very cheap flights on the ITA matrix, not listed on the airlines own sites, gave them the details they found the flights, added a car making the booking a package, so just a deposit pp.

I use the ITA matrix as my first port of call when looking for flights.
Handy to know haven't heard of that before
Old 21 Aug 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Have to say Dial a Flight have been absolutely appalling to me! I was aware virgin had cancelled flights, I rang dial,a flight and they refused us a refund and said we have to have a voucher, they are still adamant about this but are allowing us to now wait for 14 days before the flight date to then try and get a refund (next weekend) shocking ! Though I must say thee staff have been lovely and after all its not there fault!
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
I'm with Mrs Sun - Dial-a-Flight have been awful imo and I'd never use them again! After weeks of back-and-forth and fighting for a refund, they said they'd give it to us when Delta gave it to them - which would take almost a year! I called to chase a little while ago and they didn't know anything about it, saying that the refund was in the form of a voucher and I had to go through it all again! Never again.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
I'm with Mrs Sun - Dial-a-Flight have been awful imo and I'd never use them again! After weeks of back-and-forth and fighting for a refund, they said they'd give it to us when Delta gave it to them - which would take almost a year! I called to chase a little while ago and they didn't know anything about it, saying that the refund was in the form of a voucher and I had to go through it all again! Never again.
I'd file a cc chargeback after that messing about.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
I'd file a cc chargeback after that messing about.
Is this the same thing as a Section 75? If so, that's apparently only if the provider is refusing to refund you.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

My sister in law had a bad Dial-a-Flight experience a few years ago. Booked flights on the phone, UK to Fort Myers, agent booked UK to Fort Lauderdale, which she noticed when the email came thro. Immediately back on the phone, they said it was her fault, she insisted they play the recording back, they reluctantly did so, which proved her case, they corrected their error.
Old 12 Sep 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkjon View Post
I eventually got my refund though it did take some getting I must say and I will never use them again!
They were aware our flights were cancelled in May yet refused a refund ! I sat tight and waited until 14 days before travel day and got it after many many phone calls.
Keep trying I’m sure you will get there in the end!
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List