Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Sep 20, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

No way would I risk it. I would tell the seller you will buy it once you have had confirmation from BMW, if not I would walk away. You said it’s a popular car, so surely someone else must be selling a car like it without all this hassle.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by fluff48 View Post
Yes, we could leave a deposit but we would be in the situ that if they decided to sell the car to someone else, we might not get the deposit back. They reluctantly accepted a couple of hundred less than their asking price. DD has her heart set on this car now grrr.
Well they could but it’s unlikely surely ?

We always buy private and sell that way and we’ve often left a deposit of £100/200 and never had a problem
Same with selling

Leaving a deposit shows them you are serious .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Is they are borrowing the money to pay off I dont see the big deal for them to wait 24hrs. I wouldn't part with money until the finance company shows clear.
Old 29 Sep 20, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fluff48 View Post
Yes, we could leave a deposit but we would be in the situ that if they decided to sell the car to someone else, we might not get the deposit back. They reluctantly accepted a couple of hundred less than their asking price. DD has her heart set on this car now grrr.
I think sometimes head has to overrule the heart.Wait until the finance has cleared.
Old 29 Sep 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

My son sold his car to we buy any car and it had finance on it. He paid the finance off on the Thursday and took the car on the Saturday, we buy any car wouldn't take the car and the guy had to phone to check no hpi before he took it.
Surely if things go wrong the hpi company could take the car.
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

They want to sell the car, they want your cash - you are in control here so just refuse to buy the car until they repay the finance and walk away if needed. I guarantee they will comply.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Head must rule heart here, imo unless you have confirmation from BMW, in writing, that the seller has legal title, that title cannot be transferred to you. Watching a financial transaction on an app does not give you any guarantees whatsoever.
Absolutely. No doubt as it has finance on it (that they need to borrow to clear and the loanee won't wait 24 hrs to be repaid) it is a good few thousand that is owed.

Now for about 250 quid I could get a developer to knock up a demo system that would show the transaction being made on what seems to be an internet bank and getting back a "successful" result.

Fr a quick £5,000 profit it would be worth doing (if you were that way inclined), however if they do this regularly (and remember the best scam artists are the one's who look like amateurs) it would quickly pay for itself
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Absolutely. No doubt as it has finance on it (that they need to borrow to clear and the loanee won't wait 24 hrs to be repaid) it is a good few thousand that is owed.

Now for about 250 quid I could get a developer to knock up a demo system that would show the transaction being made on what seems to be an internet bank and getting back a "successful" result.

Fr a quick £5,000 profit it would be worth doing (if you were that way inclined), however if they do this regularly (and remember the best scam artists are the one's who look like amateurs) it would quickly pay for itself
All kinds of clever scammers out there. My basic point is, that unless and until BMW finance transfer title to the seller, the seller does not even own the vehicle they are trying to sell. Imo, OP should be very wary here.
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
No way would I risk it. I would tell the seller you will buy it once you have had confirmation from BMW, if not I would walk away. You said it’s a popular car, so surely someone else must be selling a car like it without all this hassle.
I wouldn’t either. It sounds like more hassle than it is worth, there are plenty of other cars out there.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post

Wow, didn't know that could be done so easily.

How about my DD phones the finance company from her phone on the number she called already. The person pays the finance off over the phone whilst we listen and ask them to confirm finance is clear on this car before we make payment. Surely that's safe? We could also get the name of the person she makes the payment too.

Such a hassle but we don't want to travel 309mls for another car, which may have issues with bodywork that we can't see on pics.

Other option would be leaving a deposit so they know we are coming back for it.
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List