Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Oct 20, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by may View Post
I honestly can't see anything in at all in Orlando Fan's post which could make anyone feel stupid. I read it that they would like to take their family to WDW, had assumed it was not really currently viable and were interested to hear that some of us felt otherwise ?

eta I had inaccurately referred to Orlando fan as OP
It sort of read like we are all living in cloud cuckoo land and maybe we hadn’t heard of the pandemic.

The reality is that we are just planning in the hope that things will get better. As far as I can tell, people are booking things on a refundable basis or deposit and accept that plans might not go ahead.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It sort of read like we are all living in cloud cuckoo land and maybe we hadn’t heard of the pandemic.

The reality is that we are just planning in the hope that things will get better. As far as I can tell, people are booking things on a refundable basis or deposit and accept that plans might not go ahead.
Yep, air corridor closed - refund. Have to quarantine for 14 days when you land? Refund. Both are not the holiday you booked so refunds.
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Bit of advice needed.

I was booked for 5 nights preferred at POR with free dining, $200 gift card,$100 gift card and 21 day ults july 20.
I transferred the whole booking over to 2021 (exact dates etc etc) and lost both gift cards, free DDP and had to pay extra for the room but was told if any offers were available I could transfer without an amendment fee.

Now I cannot see any POR availability for my dates but if I amend to a 7 day stay(not 5) and go 2 days later, I can save approx £385 if I stay at CSR in a standard room, plus I get the $200 gift card.
BUT I have to give up my 21 day ultimates
I have to give up my POR resort booking
I have to give up my Preferred Room.

AS I was planning to upgrade my 21 day tix to a DVC gold pass, reducing it to a 14 day may not matter so much except that I'd lose 7 days of the park reservations already made.

I also need a room close to the hotel (sciatica in right leg) can be painful if I am on my feet too long after the parks hence reason I go for long holidays, so that I am only in the parks for a few hours per day, then pool, then out or in the lounge for a quiet drink.
POR was perfect for this as preferred rooms near bus stop and hospitality area and they had a nice lounge for cocktails, wine and snacks.
How does CCSR fair?

I stayed at OKW before but didn't like it. Too far away from hospitality area and attacked by wasps when trying to fill up mugs! Not impressed with small lounge on high stools-sorry.

My other option is AOA or POP for 7 nights WITHOUT changing my dates but I only get 1 free night and they are more expensive than CSR( because the standard room is available at CSR 2 days later).

I'm worried this resort may be like OKW ie too sprawling for me and I have no idea if there are any lounges or quiet areas where I can tap away on my laptop!

Also, if I do go ahead, will I qualify for the extra $100 gift card because I had to 'move' my 2020 booking?

Thanks

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM

Edited at 10:08 PM.
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lam View Post
Bit of advice needed.

I was booked for 5 nights preferred at POR with free dining, $200 gift card,$100 gift card and 21 day ults july 20.
I transferred the whole booking over to 2021 (exact dates etc etc) and lost both gift cards, free DDP and had to pay extra for the room but was told if any offers were available I could transfer without an amendment fee.

Now I cannot see any POR availability for my dates but if I amend to a 7 day stay(not 5) and go 2 days later, I can save approx £385 if I stay at CSR in a standard room, plus I get the $200 gift card.
BUT I have to give up my 21 day ultimates
I have to give up my POR resort booking
I have to give up my Preferred Room.

AS I was planning to upgrade my 21 day tix to a DVC gold pass, reducing it to a 14 day may not matter so much except that I'd lose 7 days of the park reservations already made.

I also need a room close to the hotel (sciatica in right leg) can be painful if I am on my feet too long after the parks hence reason I go for long holidays, so that I am only in the parks for a few hours per day, then pool, then out or in the lounge for a quiet drink.
POR was perfect for this as preferred rooms near bus stop and hospitality area and they had a nice lounge for cocktails, wine and snacks.
How does CCSR fair?

I stayed at OKW before but didn't like it. Too far away from hospitality area and attacked by wasps when trying to fill up mugs! Not impressed with small lounge on high stools-sorry.

My other option is AOA or POP for 7 nights WITHOUT changing my dates but I only get 1 free night and they are more expensive than CSR( because the standard room is available at CSR 2 days later).

I'm worried this resort may be like OKW ie too sprawling for me and I have no idea if there are any lounges or quiet areas where I can tap away on my laptop!

Also, if I do go ahead, will I qualify for the extra $100 gift card because I had to 'move' my 2020 booking?

Thanks
There’s no opening dates for the PO resorts so it’s a gamble either way. You could change to CSR and if POR reopens in time and is available then you could switch.

What I would say is that CSR is huge. We were in a preferred last year and it was still a bit of a walk from the main shopping and dining area. With mobility problems it could be an issue. If you could get a Gran Destino Tower room however that would be much better for proximity to the shop and restaurant.

The QS dining area is indoors so no wasp issue and with it being a convention resort there is definitely areas for you to sit quietly on your laptop.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
JMisery
Getting Excited

I’ve never used TheDibb discount, can someone enlighten me please?

Also, does anyone know if any other offers are possibly coming for everyone booking/booked for after September 12th.
I’m arriving September 28th so feeling gutted!
JMisery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JMisery View Post

Also, does anyone know if any other offers are possibly coming for everyone booking/booked for after September 12th.
It’s highly unlikely. It’s the 50th anniversary on the 1st October and I don’t think Disney expect to need any offers. I was reading on a US forum and there were loads of people snapping up bookings specifically for the 50th.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by JMisery View Post

I looked at prices in December now they have been released. Same hotel and number of nights was pretty much the same price as the September dates I had booked even though September had four free nights.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
There’s no opening dates for the PO resorts so it’s a gamble either way. You could change to CSR and if POR reopens in time and is available then you could switch.

What I would say is that CSR is huge. We were in a preferred last year and it was still a bit of a walk from the main shopping and dining area. With mobility problems it could be an issue. If you could get a Gran Destino Tower room however that would be much better for proximity to the shop and restaurant.

The QS dining area is indoors so no wasp issue and with it being a convention resort there is definitely areas for you to sit quietly on your laptop.
Thanks Lisa.

I'll do a bit more research. It seems I may have been too late to get the room I wanted OR it wasn't on offer for my dates!
CBR is another option but its more expensive and theres no double beds except pirate rooms! Only king bed available-no use as I'm with my adult son!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Noticed Virgin's benefits blurb includes extra magic hours, access to fastpass, complimentary magic bands and access to dining plans. Someone needs to have a word as there will be people oblivious to these not being available & they will have some very unhappy customers.
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 20, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Very tempted this morning, if only the dining plans came back I’d have booked.

Still considering it and putting money aside for eating but we love having the QSDP for the peace of mind
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List