Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Oct 20, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Decorators fees

Now I know every area will be different - what’s charged in London will be different to Aberdeen but has anyone used a decorator recently and if so how much did they charge ? Trying to get a rough idea how much it might be to have two rooms decorated. Thanks.
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dizzymcfarlane View Post
Now I know every area will be different - what’s charged in London will be different to Aberdeen but has anyone used a decorator recently and if so how much did they charge ? Trying to get a rough idea how much it might be to have two rooms decorated. Thanks.
So hard to say as it depends on so many things. Size of rooms, state of walls , is there gloss paiting to do, how much prep work needed.

Sorry not much help, could you just get two or three quotes
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

We are getting quotes but as we’ve always decorated ourselves but due to other commitments can’t do it ourselves, I have no idea how much would be a reasonable quote.
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I was quoted £250 plus materials per day. I was ok with that but I have just had a quote to replace bathroom, not changing layout just replace what's there, I was told to purchase goods myself and he said it would be about a weeks work and his fee would be £2.5k We live on the south coast in Sussex where all tradesmen think we have a money tree growing in the back garden.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Welshie35
Excited about Disney

We have just had all 3 bedrooms done and we were charged £90 per day.
He finished the job in 4 days.
Welshie35 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I do all the painting and prep work myself

We have a 1948 house so sadly the walls need papering and for that I get my Mate in as that's his trade. His rate for me is £200 a day but he charges more than that to others.

Decorators fees tend to be less than other Trades.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

My painter charged £140 per day, same as the carpenter but my electrician charges £25 per hour
Old 6 Oct 20, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
TheHughesCrew
Imagineer

We pay approx £150/ day for labour. He's a friend though, so I'm not sure what he charges elsewhere... (and we give him cash)

ETA, he usually gives us a good idea of how long things will take. He's a perfectionist so isn't always speedy!

Edited at 08:25 AM.
TheHughesCrew is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Just had a few rooms done - walls, ceiling and satin finish to the wooden doors - we paid for paint separate - 2.5 days work was £700. We had 3 quotes- others were 4 days and ~£1900 plus paint but the cheapest one was actually from a recommendation.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

I think it all depends on if it’s having the walls painted or you want wall papering/feature wall. We had the hallway, Lounge and stairs done and think it cost £400 back in 2014. So think if the same rooms we done now it would cost roughly £600.
themeparksandy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List