Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Oct 20, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Disney T&Cs - can’t find 7 day cancellation

Morning!

I got my new booking reference this morning from changing my booking. While on the phone I was told to check the terms, I have 24 hours to cancel and if after 24 hours I haven’t cancelled, it is deemed I have accessed the terms.

I cannot find anywhere in the terms and conditions the hotel/ticket package is fully refundable or amendable if cancelled 7 days before travel. If references only you would lose 100% if cancelled 7 or less days before (As I understood it, on the 7th day you could cancel for a full refund) or anything before the 7 days you lose £50pp which isn’t fully refundable.

Am I missing something? Should I call them?

The terms attached were last updated 25th August - so maybe they haven’t been updated yet?
sbchannel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
BonjourDisney
Looking for my Ears

Hi. Bit of background, I booked April 2021 back in June 2020 and similar I distinctly remember about a 7 day cancellation. Anyways, with all that’s going on etc I decided to cancel the trip for April 2021 and contacted Disney travel yesterday as couldn’t find anything in the terms and conditions to back up the 7 day cancellation. The cast member I spoke to confirmed there was no fee, so I emailed yesterday to cancel the booking and this morning have received an email from Disney confirming no fee to be charged and my deposit of £600 is to be refunded within 10-15 working days. Hope this helps.
BonjourDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sbchannel View Post
Morning!

I got my new booking reference this morning from changing my booking. While on the phone I was told to check the terms, I have 24 hours to cancel and if after 24 hours I haven’t cancelled, it is deemed I have accessed the terms.

I cannot find anywhere in the terms and conditions the hotel/ticket package is fully refundable or amendable if cancelled 7 days before travel. If references only you would lose 100% if cancelled 7 or less days before (As I understood it, on the 7th day you could cancel for a full refund) or anything before the 7 days you lose £50pp which isn’t fully refundable.

Am I missing something? Should I call them?

The terms attached were last updated 25th August - so maybe they haven’t been updated yet?

I have just made the same comment on another thread. The full refund information is well buried on the website but is here. I have taken a screen shot.

disneyholidays/wal...you-were-here/
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have just made the same comment on another thread. The full refund information is well buried on the website but is here. I have taken a screen shot.

disneyholidays/wal...you-were-here/
Perfect thank you. It’s not that I don’t trust them, it’s just after so many companies changed their T&Cs after Covid I check everything so carefully now! Thanks for this, I will screenshot as that’s what I booked under!
sbchannel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
5. Money Back Guarantee
Cancel your Walt Disney World Resort Hotel and Ticket package or a Hotel only booking with a full refund anytime up to and including 7 days before your arrival date if you book before 31st March 2021 (inclusive) for arrival up to and including 12th September 2021.

Cancel your Walt Disney World Resort flight inclusive package with a full refund anytime up to and including 101 days before your arrival date, or from 100 to 7 days (inclusive) before your arrival date subject only to any transport fees imposed by the transport carrier if you book before 31st March 2021 (inclusive) for arrival up to and including 12th September 2021.

Valid for bookings made in the UK or Ireland.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
5. Money Back Guarantee
Cancel your Walt Disney World Resort Hotel and Ticket package or a Hotel only booking with a full refund anytime up to and including 7 days before your arrival date if you book before 31st March 2021 (inclusive) for arrival up to and including 12th September 2021.

Cancel your Walt Disney World Resort flight inclusive package with a full refund anytime up to and including 101 days before your arrival date, or from 100 to 7 days (inclusive) before your arrival date subject only to any transport fees imposed by the transport carrier if you book before 31st March 2021 (inclusive) for arrival up to and including 12th September 2021.

Valid for bookings made in the UK or Ireland.
Yes I think the point is that me and OP both made bookings yesterday and the T&Cs that were sent out in the confirmation, do not say that.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 20, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Slightly worrying but the CM I changed my booking with said it’s free cancellation at the moment but that might change . Plus the T&Cs that come with the invoice reflect the original terms. I think I’ll be taking a screen shot just in case.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sbchannel
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Slightly worrying but the CM I changed my booking with said it’s free cancellation at the moment but that might change . Plus the T&Cs that come with the invoice reflect the original terms. I think I’ll be taking a screen shot just in case.
That’s what I did. I also made sure to ask on the call about the cancellation policy - so if need be I’ll be asking for the call recordings!

I’m sure we are worrying about nothing!