Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Aug 15, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancat
Excited about Disney

Those first mornings onsite...

When the time difference has you up at 4am on your first mornings and you are onsite with no car, what do you do? We are hoping to get an early ADR for Chef Mickeys on our very first morning but wondered what people did to pass those extremely early hours beforehand? We're staying at OKW.

DLP - Newport Bay Club - June 2012
OKW/ASM/RPR - July 2016
The 'Don't panic - we've got this' Trip report July 2016 **COMPLETE**
Dancat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 15, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Potter about the room usually. That's what we'd do anyway. We have a car but we don't go anywhere at that time. We always have an 8am ADR to get ready for.
To be honest we've only been up that early once. We were offsite and the clocks had went back that night. We went to Walgreens then had breakfast.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 15, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

With a car we sometimes go to Walmart. Without a,car. I've known my husband to go for an early morning walk around the resort.

We always used to be up very early but as the kids have got older we seem to sleep a bit later.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 15, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
With a car we sometimes go to Walmart. Without a,car. I've known my husband to go for an early morning walk around the resort.

We always used to be up very early but as the kids have got older we seem to sleep a bit later.
Yes, I noticed that this year, I was up before the children. The was a time when my son was 3 he was up at 2.30am ... always an early riser at home (6ish at the latest) but that was a long day! This year we only just made it to MK for 8 , we waited 30 mins for bus as well so worth allowing time for that.
This time I did a bit of unpacking, had breakfast in our Okw villa. Soon time to head out. Kids stirred about 6.30.

I love the first day. :-)

DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 15, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
LawrenceFamily
Imagineer

We always try to stay up "late" the day we arrive - with young (6&4) DDs who are itching to get in the pool, or a later flight, it's not too difficult. We then find we don't wake til about 6am which is ideal for a first morning ADR at CP around 8:15am.
Old 16 Aug 15, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We unpack and watch Stacey on the TV lol and just generally soak in the atmosphere and go for a walk if not too early
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 15, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
headinaviceboy
Excited about Disney

I was up at 3.00am this morning. Just mooched about the room before catching the bus from OKW at 6.45 to MK for 8.00am Crystal Palace ADR. Got to MK for 7.00.
Old Key West and RPR Universal - August 2011
All Star Movies 2010 Disney Dolphin - May 2009
Wyndham Orlando - 2005 Quality Inn Nov 2004
headinaviceboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 15, 06:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Probably my favourite day of the holiday, adds to the excitement being awake before everyone else, we go for a walk around the resort and watch the sun rise... love it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 15, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We were up before 5am almost every day of the fortnight!

First morning we were up at 4am, watched TV, did some Dibbing and tried to figure out the coffee maker! Ended up going online to search for instructions, which we found!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 15, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

We look for old favourites on the TV - Married With Children is usually on somewhere. If not we watch Stacey for a bit, plus the local news and weather.
hornetgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread