Notices

Old 13 Aug 17, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Timeout
Proud to wear my Ears

Five Go On A Culinary Caper - Day 1

Breakfast -

Goods to go - OKW

Harry's Hearty Breakfast Bowl - served with scrambled eggs, poblano peppers, O'Brien potatoes topped with a biscuit and gravy $7.49

We got two of these for mum and hubby and enjoyed them on our balcony. They said that the portions were generous and it tasted ok. They both said it filled a hole. I'm not sure either of them would order it again.!

They used two credits from the dining plan and swapped the drinks for cinnamon rolls although we somehow got 3 rather than 2! 😉

These were yummy. I love the icing and it made me feel like we were back home! We got coffee in our refillable mugs.

Drinks on the go at Animal Kingdom

Frozen lemonade and Key West Sunset beer

Lunch

Rainforest cafe

We had an adr for lunch at rainforest cafe. We were caught in a huge rain storm so arrived just in time! Although there were a number of groups waiting we were seated almost immediately.

We have all visited rainforest cafe a number of times in the past but we all felt that it seemed to have really lifted the quality of their offer.

The food was really tasty and we all enjoyed everything we had. Nobody however managed to empty a plate! The stand out items were the flatbreads both of which tasted amazing and the ribs which had plenty of meat on them and were better than the norm.

Interesting drinks (others were coke etc)

Brazilian freeze

Orlando brewing I4 IPA

Strawberry lemonade

Ahi poke tower - spicy soy and sesame raw ahi tuna, avocado, tomato,wonton chips, wasabi aioli $11.99

Parrilla Veggie Flatbread - grilled zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, red onion, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, smoked paprika $11.99

Mushroom & Spinach Flatbread - Alfredo sauce, mozzarella cheese, diced tomatoes $11.99

Chicken Strips - golden fried chicken tenders served with your choice of Buffalo sauce and blue cheese dressing or BBQ sauce and ranch dressing. $10.99

Entrees

Honey sriracha salmon - with sweet honey sriracha glaze, steamed rice, Asian green bean stir fry, cilantro $27.99

Anaconda pasta- quinoa spaghetti, garden vegetables, basil, shaved Parmesan, red pepper flakes, white-wine tomato sauce $19.99

Ribs steak and shrimp trio - coconut shrimp, mojo bone ribs, flat iron steak, coleslaw, safari fries $31.99

Fish-N-Chips - flaky white fish, golden fried, served English-style, with Safari fries, coleslaw and tartar sauce $20.99

My younger son had macaroni and cheese but I decided that most people would know what it looked like! I warned him that it would be the bright yellow kind and he said that would be fine, however he took one bite and said he didn't like it!

Dessert

Mango Sorbet - served with raspberry sauce, mango, mango puree, and a hazelnut-chocolate wafer $6.99

Chocolate Diablo Cake - dark chocolate cake layered with rich chocolate filling, served with raspberry sauce and creamy whipped topping $7.99

All in all a good meal and a pleasant surprise in the variety of options available.

Timeout is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Great start x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 17, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Timeout - 13 Aug 17 11:44 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looks tasty

Joan
Old 14 Aug 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

The cinnamon rolls look nice, better that the breakfast bowl for me. We've always avoided the Rainforest Café, but your food looks really tasty.
Old 14 Aug 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Timeout
Proud to wear my Ears

It was! Thanks x
Timeout is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Timeout
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
The cinnamon rolls look nice, better that the breakfast bowl for me. We've always avoided the Rainforest Café, but your food looks really tasty.
I have to admit it's not always my first choice either but the kids love the thunder etc going on! I don't know whether it was because it was lunchtime but it seemed quieter and more relaxed than on previous visits and the food had definitely improved. We are going for breakfast later in the holiday so we will see if our opinion changes 😉 X
Old 14 Aug 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Timeout
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Great start x
Thanks x
Old 14 Aug 17, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
cinnamon rolls look really nice
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Timeout
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks