Notices

Old 27 Jun 16, 02:23 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Lets Try This... Live Food Report June/July 2016 - Day 2

This morning I woke up really early again but managed to get back to sleep after an hour or so and finally woke up at 7.45am. We had a 11.40am reservation at California grill for brunch, we left around half 10 and arrived at California grill about an hour early. Valet parking is included with the brunch so we pulled up outside the contemporary where we were greeted by the valet and a greeter from the California grill. The valet took our car and gave us a receipt for our car which the California grill greeter immediately validated so we would not be charged upon collecting our car. We went upto the 2nd floor where we checked in and were taken up in the elevator to the California grill. We had a few minute wait before our table was ready which was fine as we were so early.

On the way to being seated DH and I were offered a mimosa and DD was given a cranberry spritzer (cranberry juice and Sprite), we were also give a bottle of water for on the table and a pot of coffee.

Our server came over with the menu and explained we could help ourselves to anything from the self service area and to select an entree from the menu. We were also brought a tray of muffins and scones. This included cheese scones, walnut and cinnamon muffin and cranberry scone. I didn't really try any of these but they smelled really good.

Between DH and I we got a few different plates from the self service selection. The sushi was delicious.

The apple and kale salad (bottom or plate) was very tasty.

The iceberg wedge salad was one of my favourite things in the self service section the dressing was delicious.

The devilled egg was a little on the hot side, not sure what the dressing was, it was abit like the fireball sauce the California grill use on the spicy Kazan roll sushi.

For the entire I got the eggs benedict. This was so good, it was 2 half muffins underneath poached eggs and bacon topped with hollandaise sauce. I ate every last bite, it was delicious.

DH had the eggs Benedict with lobster but with the hollandaise sauce on the side. He really enjoyed this, the poached eggs were cooked perfectly and they lobster had been cooked in butter and tasted amazing.

After the entrees we were brought a selection of desserts, all of these were so tasty but we were so full we struggled to finish them between us. The chocolate brittle had sea salt on it and was very rich but so tasty. The macaroons were chocolate, vanilla and lemon and all three were absolutely perfect and delicious. There was a kind of strawberry tarty biscuit which was nice and a lemon cake and 3 chocolate truffles. The pink heart shaped one was my favourite and was a strawberry flavoured truffle.

The view from the observation deck is just stunning. We thoroughly enjoyed this meal and the whole experience, it was very relaxed and you could take your time, there was no rush, the cost is £80 per adult and £48 for children but we used 2 dining credits each.

After we finished we headed down to pick up our car, we handed over the ticket and our car was brought a couple of minutes later. We decided to spend the afternoon at Epcot. Whilst here we headed over to Starbucks for a strawberry lemonade cupcake for DD. This was really moist and tasty but incredibly sickly.

I got a very berry hibiscus refresher and DH had the strawberry acai refresher ($4.99 each). These are great and make a change from the usual fizzy drinks and water in the parks. We used 3 snack credits for these. The total for the 3 should have been just over $15 including tax.

For dinner we decided to head to the Liberty inn in the American pavilion. After ordering 3 cast members came over and congratulated us saying we had been selected for a magical moment and they had a specially set table for us. They took us over to a table which was set with real cutlery, a table cloth and a case of flowers and asked what condiments they could get us. Our drinks were brought out in glasses which was a nice touch. I ordered the all American burger ($14.99). This came with cheese, bacon, tomato, lettuce, onion and pickle and a side of fries. This was absolutely delicious, the burger was so juicy and there was just the right amount of accompaniments in it. I love the fries in the parks with the skin still on the potatoes so these were as good as ever.

DH had the chicken BLT burger. This was a chicken breast in a bun with bacon, lettuce and tomato, it also came with a side of fries. DH really enjoyed it and ate every single bite.

DD had the kids chicken nuggets and fries which came with chocolate milk and a cookie. DD loves Disney chicken nuggets so this was a big hit.

For dessert I had ordered the rocky road brownie. The cast members cleared away our main meals and brought out our desserts separate, again on real plates. They also sent some ice cream topped with chocolate chip cookie which was a lovely touch. The brownie was pretty good but it was even better with the ice cream.

DH had the peach cobbler, again they sent some ice cream which went really well with the cobbler too. DH really enjoyed this and again ate it all. The whole meal was really enjoyable and made all the more special by the cast members fantastic service and attention, they were just wonderful especially with DD. We headed down to guest relations on our way out later this evening and filled in an 'applause-o-gram' for the three cast members. Whilst filling out the information we picked up a birthday button for DDs birthday tomorrow, the cast member helping us presented DD with a present from Mickey. She handed her a certificate good for 3 snacks for her birthday so we could all get an ice cream to celebrate. Another example of wonderful service from Disney.
Todays step total was 21394 or 9 miles.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 16, 03:15 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 27 Jun 16 3:15 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 16, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

What a magical thing to happen! Its the little Disney touches like that that make a holiday even more special.

Edited at 07:58 AM.
JenD1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 16, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Brilliant day and a nice touch at the American Pavilion

Joan
Old 27 Jun 16, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day and some lovely looking food.
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 16, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
And that's the magic right there both with the food and the birthday treats that keeps us all going back!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 16, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Your brunch looked amazing! How lovely to receive such special treatment at Liberty Inn - a perfect sprinkle of pixie dust 😊
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 16, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Oh that's wonderful just love the extra magic that Disney do.
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 16, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Just catching up on your food reports... what a lovely thing to happen at Liberty inn and the birthday ice creams... hope she has a wonderful birthday... you couldn't be at a better place to celebrate.
We were once in Hollywood studios having lunch at the place next to honey I shrunk the kids play area and we had the magic tray apparently... staff started singing at me at the counter ... I went bright red ...OH and the kids were in fits of laughter at the table ... but we got the yummiest cupcakes and deserts for having the magic tray do my embarrassment was worth it
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 16, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Amazing bit of Disney magic...